PDA

View Full Version : 155 Gal Bowfront

ABreefkpr
10-12-2003, 11:13 PM
Well the tank made it safely to it's new home. :mrgreen: Everything is sitting in the garage for fresh paint and varathane. :cool: Thanks to EmilyB and Barry and a big thank you to Victor for his truck and his son-in-law. :lol: Just kidding Clint you were a big help too I appreciate your help.
Can't wait to fill it.

Keith

kuatto
10-13-2003, 12:30 AM
Congratulations Keith(i figured you weren't going to pass buying it)I still want to see pics.I fragged 3 large shrooms today(they're growin like weeds!! :biggrin: )So how many tank you runnin now??

Jim :biggrin:

EmilyB
10-13-2003, 12:41 AM
It was a tense few hours for all of us I know.... :eek: Glad all went well.

This is what I have left....

http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhadford1/CarpetDSC00017_rs.jpg

Of course, the mandatory piece of firewood, :confused: and missing dried up fish was there as well.... :rolleyes: (chromis....hmmmm - so THAT is where they go...)

christyf5
10-13-2003, 01:15 AM
Wow thats some interesting shade of carpeting you have there :razz:

AJ_77
10-13-2003, 02:38 AM
Good score, Keith! :cool:

Nice mess, Em... are those all your shims??

ABreefkpr
10-13-2003, 02:56 AM
Hey Jim. Ya your right I couldn't pass up a tank like this and what a bargain. I bought the sunburst bulbs as well. When all is said and done I will have three well maybe four systems set up. One of these is the six 20 gal tanks I have set up that I want to use for fragging. I'm not sure if I'll tear down the 50 gal or the 112 or both.
What did you say your plans were now Deb? New flooring in the family room, revive the chromis and put him in a 230 Gal. :lol:

EmilyB
10-13-2003, 05:50 AM
Good score, Keith! :cool:

Nice mess, Em... are those all your shims??

Pure Petland shims........I never even looked, it was too scary

EmilyB
10-13-2003, 05:54 AM
What did you say your plans were now Deb? New flooring in the family room, revive the chromis and put him in a 230 Gal. :lol:

He looked pretty good for a year plus gone..... :eek: I was really thinking about rehydration.... :razz:

We had a whole afternoon at Revy/Rona.....it was like fish geeks trying to redecorate.....I found these tiles that looked like sand. They were $6 per tile :eek:

ABreefkpr
10-13-2003, 03:25 PM
He looked pretty good for a year plus gone..... :eek: I was really thinking about rehydration.... :razz:

We had a whole afternoon at Revy/Rona.....it was like fish geeks trying to redecorate.....I found these tiles that looked like sand. They were $6 per tile :eek:
:cool: That's a great idea, you have gravel to your garage that looks just like argonite sand. :lol: You should stay with the ocean theme. :biggrin:
Seriously though the tiles sound close to perfect. Except $6 per tile :eek: :evil:

ed99
10-13-2003, 03:51 PM
Compared to a marine tank, $6/tile sounds cheap- you could tile the driveway!

By the way- what's the story about the chromis, was it long lost behind the tank?

EmilyB
10-13-2003, 05:47 PM
:lol: So you noticed our beach out back Keith...... :cool:

Chromis are notorious for disappearing. They just vanish into thin air. Finding an actual missing one is pretty rare I think...... :mrgreen: I bet everyone is looking behind their tank now..... :razz: