PDA

View Full Version : Where to find 1 and 1.5 inch flexible tubing

Coleus
03-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Hi guys

I am looking for a 1 and 1.5 inch flexible tubing for my cube return /drain lines to connect to my sump. I hate runing pvc pipe because too much works :-)

Anyone know where i can find these. So far i only checked home depot and there is none

Thanks

Jackie
03-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Try Rona but they are expensive.

The Codfather
03-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Service counter at most spa and hot tub dealers. That is where I always get mine. HTH,
Bob

Ron99
03-11-2010, 04:34 PM
If you have Princess Auto nearby go there. Much cheaper than Rona/Home Depot.

kien
03-11-2010, 04:43 PM
If you are talking about SPA flex (bendable pvc), you can find some at Western Pump in the south east. That's where I got mine. If you are looking for that black ribbed stuff that you often find on pond installations the only place in town that I've been able to find it is at Pisces Pet Emporium.

Delphinus
03-11-2010, 05:21 PM
+1 - Western Pump is the best place for that stuff, and other obscure plumbing bits-n-pieces around here.

For black ribbed tubing, wouldn't Big Als also have it? I would imagine any store that offers pond speciality items might have it. Pisces for sure though.

If you are talking about SPA flex (bendable pvc), you can find some at Western Pump in the south east. That's where I got mine. If you are looking for that black ribbed stuff that you often find on pond installations the only place in town that I've been able to find it is at Pisces Pet Emporium.

kien
03-11-2010, 05:24 PM
The last couple if times that I've been to big ALS they did not have any. Might not be in season for them yet cuz ya I know they usually do. Pisces always seems to have them year round.

andestang
03-11-2010, 06:05 PM
+ 2 Western Pump, was there about a week ago and I saw some.

riceboy
03-11-2010, 07:54 PM
homedepot just picked up some for my ato

muck
03-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Gregg Distributors as well carries spa-flex.

Coleus
03-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Thanks guy, i picked up the some tubing at Rona ($50) for 8 feet 1'' and 1 1/2 ''.

But i am having a problem to make it to route around the back of my current tank in the corner because it is so freaking hard to bend. Wonder if Rona take these back.

I will check out Western Pump on Monday because they are closed on weekend. :-(

Thanks again

kien
03-13-2010, 07:46 AM
If you think that stuff is hard to bend, SPA Flex will be harder to bend! Don't get me wrong, it does bend, but in tight quarters it isn't going to do 90 degrees easily. You probably got that clear vinyl stuff? Ya, that's not easy to bend. What I find helps with that stuff is to heat it up, then bend it. Once it gets into a position it tends to stay there though :-)

I think what you really want is that black ribbed tubing. It can bend virtually 180 degrees quit easily! Check it out at Pisces or Big Al's this weekend. Not sure if BAs has any but I did see them at Pisces.

Oh and western pump doesn't carry that black ribbed stuff. Last time I was there they just had SPA flex, which again is probably too stiff for what you're looking for.

Good luck.

Coleus
03-13-2010, 07:52 AM
Thanks Kien. Definitely will check it out

Coleus
03-18-2010, 07:58 PM
The black ribbed tubing works perfectly. Got everything hooked up last night but got a little bit leaking on one of the PCV joint. Already applied PVC cement on it and will fire it up against tonight.

Will post some picts one it is fully set up. I should have picked up this tubing from beginning instead of wasting so much money on vinyl tubing and adapters.

Cheers