PDA

View Full Version : 1/4" water solenoids reviseted!

banditpowdercoat
03-11-2010, 01:52 PM
I know we tried a group order for solenoids before, and pretty much got no where. Plus, the price was a little high in my eyes. So, I have been searching, and I think I have found a good supplier at a great price for valves!!!!

Just thought I'd let you all know something affordable is in the works. Trying for under $20 ea with 110v cord and 1/4" John Guest fittings, no promises, but that's what I am shooting for.

kien
03-11-2010, 02:08 PM
I've been trying to find affordable 1" solenoids :-). Does your guy have any?

banditpowdercoat
03-11-2010, 02:19 PM
I am not sure if they have any 1" I'll have to ask

banditpowdercoat
03-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Sorry Kien, they only have 1/8-1/4" valve in this style.

The Codfather
03-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Hey Dan, I would probably be in for a couple if you would ship them this way?

banditpowdercoat
03-11-2010, 03:11 PM
I'll ship anywhere :D

BC564
03-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Hey Dan.

Im going to be needing 4 1/4 " solenoids here shortly..... Just picked up a VFD for my return pump.....the automation plans are in motion. lol

Doo
03-11-2010, 03:57 PM
does he have any bigger ones like it the 1.5 - 2" size...

I am also interested in the 1/4" as well...

banditpowdercoat
03-11-2010, 04:40 PM
does he have any bigger ones like it the 1.5 - 2" size...

I am also interested in the 1/4" as well...

No, they don't. I will just be importing the 1/4" valves for starters anyways. These are bare valves, no cords or JG fittings. I have great suppliers for those to, in bulk.

I'm having to start off slow. This is the first time for me importing oversea. I have no idea what I am in for headache wise LOL I have ordered a trial batch from this supplier to test their shipping methods, times etc. Here is a copy of the spec sheet on the valve's though.

http://www.banditpowdercoat.com/Downloads/stuff/Valve Specifications.doc

Doo
03-11-2010, 07:20 PM
I am in for 2 please...

Thanks

BC564
03-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Hey Dan....do they have them in both 120 ac and 24vdc?

banditpowdercoat
03-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Hey Dan....do they have them in both 120 ac and 24vdc?

Yes, I believe they do.

banditpowdercoat
03-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Pricing is looking a little higher than I was hoping. Looking in the $25-30CDN ea range. It's the darn shipping. I knew it would be a bit but not up to double the valve costs.

Is there still interest if they are in this price range?

banditpowdercoat
03-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Pricing is looking a little higher than I was hoping. Looking in the $25-30CDN ea range. It's the darn shipping. I knew it would be a bit but not up to double the valve costs.

Is there still interest if they are in this price range?

Hmm scratch that, maybe. Different supplier, ALOT better pricing!!!!!

Playing the email/timezone game now.

sphelps
03-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Have you guys considered using rainbird sprinkler valves? Typically they sell for about $20 a piece but they will require reducers to 1/4" lines and a 24VAC adapter. So they will be a little higher than the budget but I'm not sure if you can find a wholesale lot of them and save some money on a group order.

The reason I suggest them is they may be more reliable.

They have a 5 year warranty
Guaranteed to fail in off position
Been around a long time and widely used
The solenoid can be replaced very easily
All parts can be found locally if required

The valves also allow you to manually open them when required and have a bleed valve. I've used these valves in many top off and water change systems, including my own, and have never had an issue. Some are well over 5 years old.

banditpowdercoat
03-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Ya My main issue is Cost. And these valves I am looking at will fail in the off position as well, 12,24,110v options, smaller. no reducers needed, I will warranty, and did I mention cheaper?:mrgreen:

Have you guys considered using rainbird sprinkler valves? Typically they sell for about $20 a piece but they will require reducers to 1/4" lines and a 24VAC adapter. So they will be a little higher than the budget but I'm not sure if you can find a wholesale lot of them and save some money on a group order.

The reason I suggest them is they may be more reliable.

They have a 5 year warranty
Guaranteed to fail in off position
Been around a long time and widely used
The solenoid can be replaced very easily
All parts can be found locally if required

The valves also allow you to manually open them when required and have a bleed valve. I've used these valves in many top off and water change systems, including my own, and have never had an issue. Some are well over 5 years old.

sphelps
03-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Ya My main issue is Cost. And these valves I am looking at will fail in the off position as well, 12,24,110v options, smaller. no reducers needed, I will warranty, and did I mention cheaper?:mrgreen:
Do you have a link?

banditpowdercoat
03-13-2010, 04:26 PM
I posted valve specifications earlier on in this thread

http://www.banditpowdercoat.com/Downloads/stuff/Valve%20Specifications.doc

You will not find a link to a retail outlet for these as I am dealing direct with manufactures

sphelps
03-13-2010, 04:30 PM
I posted valve specifications earlier on in this thread

http://www.banditpowdercoat.com/Downloads/stuff/Valve%20Specifications.doc

You will not find a link to a retail outlet for these as I am dealing direct with manufactures
So how do we know it's reliable? Who do we warranty the product through? Who's the manufacturer? Who do they sell to?

banditpowdercoat
03-13-2010, 04:39 PM
So how do we know it's reliable? Who do we warranty the product through? Who's the manufacturer? Who do they sell to?

They sell to me, I will warranty! I have been assured of reliability

sphelps
03-13-2010, 04:44 PM
They sell to me, I will warranty! I have been assured of reliability
They only sell to you, and you'll warranty?? Why on earth would you do that? Not exactly what I would call a reliable product. I think I'll stick with the proven local product that only costs a few bucks more. Thanks for answering my questions.

banditpowdercoat
03-13-2010, 04:52 PM
They only sell to you, and you'll warranty?? Why on earth would you do that? Not exactly what I would call a reliable product. I think I'll stick with the proven local product that only costs a few bucks more. Thanks for answering my questions.

Do you have something against me? It seems every post of mine you reply on it is something Negative.

Of coarse they don't ONLY sell to me. they are a OEM supplier. I don;t know their other contracts because that most likely is privileged information.

I'll warranty because I stand behind what I sell! If there's issues I will replace them.

I'm trying to start a product line here of something more affordable and more directed at the Reefing hobby. Something people can use without having to try and source this part, find that adapter, solder a plug on etc.

Do you think everything we buy is 100% made by the company that sells the product? Look at vehicles for example. Heck, I bet Rainbird does not even make 100% of the parts themselves for those valves you specify.

Think what you want, buy what you want, it's up to you but please don't go downtalking my product before you have even used it.

sphelps
03-13-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure why you have attitude, you're selling a product and I had some questions, I was interested but not anymore. I thanked you for your time and moved on. You do however sound like a great guy to deal with warranty issues though :lol:

Good luck with your new business of selling valves

banditpowdercoat
03-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Sorry if I over reacted.

Best wishes