PDA

View Full Version : glass anemones help

scar_11
03-10-2010, 09:57 PM
I have just noticed that I have a couple of these things creeping up on a couple of my rocks what is the fastest way to get rid of them. I thought about removing the rock but they are on a couple of the rocks that have corels on them

Seamazter
03-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Best pickup medicine at your LFS.
Joes juice or tailored aquatics brand of aptiasia killer.
I preffer the one called aptasia X.
Buy a copperband butterfly fish or purchase some pepermint shrimps to eat them.

ElGuappo
03-10-2010, 10:57 PM
IMO the joes juice etc dont do well. they kill it but you still have to get they shrivelled body out or it will grow back. find some good pep shrimp. it may take a while but they will wipe it clean from your tank ind if it comes back they will again take care of it. pep shrimp are the only thing i have used that got rid of it without it coming back.. just my 2 pennies worth.

Griffin
03-10-2010, 11:54 PM
All i ever use is a syringe and shoot a small amount of vinigar into the center - they do not come back

Kevotron
03-10-2010, 11:55 PM
I just use a syringe w/ kalk and shoot it in the mouth...
works like a charm.

scar_11
03-11-2010, 12:36 AM
thanks everyone I just removed a couple of the rocks that most of them are on I might go get myself some pep shrimp I have one in there but he does not seem to be eatting them

staceyd72
03-11-2010, 01:20 AM
Hi,

Copperband worked best for me. The Peppermints I had would not touch them, Joe's Juice was useless, and never tried the kalk paste.
Your best bet is to get them now before they get out of control, as it won't take long for them to multiply.

I had them in my overflow and sump like there was no tomorrow, but while running Zeovit for the past year and half they all disappeared :surprise:

monocus
03-11-2010, 01:55 AM
personally i prefer berghia-never had success with copperbands and when i tried pepperment shrimp my wrasses and eel had a snack

cwatkins
03-11-2010, 02:38 AM
I think it all depends on luck. We picked up only 2 peppermint shrimp for our 90g and all the aptasia went poof in about 3 days.