PDA

View Full Version : switching over to a 180 gal from a 90 gal

bwi7
03-10-2010, 04:59 PM
This is the first week of transferring everything over from my 90g. Everyone is doing awesome, only had two casualties, my 6 yr old foxface :sad: didn't make it past the first day, and found my little dragon goby dead :sad: in my sump 2 days ago. Other than that my purple and yellow tangs (from 2 different tanks) are getting along, my breeding clowns haven't missed a beat and all the corals are doing awesome! Had a laugh, when were setting it up, about the guy who asked his wife to help him, as my wife was standing there holding a bucket.:lol: I still have more rock from the 90 to transfer over, and then the fun begins placing everything. :wink:

christyf5
03-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Looks great! :biggrin:

superduperwesman
03-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Sexy

bwi7
03-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks, we want to add more color with some corals. Any suggestions? Thank you everyone who gave us advice on the clowns, we decided not to add anymore, we'd like a copperbanded but, not sure how the Tangs will accept it. also, somewhere hiding in the tank is a Pom Pom crab haven't seen him since the move and my mandarine came out for a second the other day.

fishytime
03-11-2010, 03:22 AM
Looks great so far......how about some details of your system???:biggrin:

plutoniumJoe
03-11-2010, 03:55 AM
I am surprised about the foxface they are usually pretty hardy fish. Sorry about your loss.

mseepman
03-11-2010, 04:28 AM
Tell us some more about the tank setup. Do I see two external overflows? Where did you get the tank made?

bwi7
03-11-2010, 05:42 AM

5911Were hoping to finish putting the last of the rock in on the weekend and then clean up the 90 F/S. Currently have the 48g, the 90g and the 180g all set up in the TV room....:lol: it's starting to feel a little crowded down here!!

Added a copperbanded 3 days ago and he seems to be doing fine, he ate yesterday, the yellow tang and purple one have chased him a bit, but we moved the rest of the rock in and reorganized today and no one is bugging him now except the cleaner wrasse. This morning my LT purple anenome rooted himself in the sand is looking extremely happy. YEAH! :biggrin:

Would like to add 1 maybe 2 pink skunk clown for the LT, any advice out there on that? Because of the ocellaris clowns which are in the middle back of the tank and the LT is in the front right corner of the tank in the sandbed.

Hoping to buy some more colorful coral frags on the weekend.