PDA

View Full Version : strange pods???

kuatto
10-11-2003, 09:35 PM
just noticed these tiny(1mm)blackish balls with what looks like red worms poking out of them,anyone have any idea what they could be?
in the tank is live rock,green mushrooms,tiny featherdusters,sea-urchin,and small racordia(think thats how to spell it).they seem to just appear out of now-where. :confused:

Jim

kuatto
10-17-2003, 10:36 PM
Well,after the lights went out i got the flashlight out,and out they popped!Bristlworms.I know most people hate these things,but do they do any good in the aquarium(like keeping the sand free of waiste/food)or do they gotta go?Also what can i put in to eat them,to keep them under control?

the tank is 44corner already 7 small fish,don't have much room for any more fish,so would have to be some kind of crab.

Jack
10-17-2003, 10:40 PM
Bristle worms are good. Don't have to worry. It's all part of healthy sandbed fauna. And yup they eat uneaten food and waste.

kuatto
10-17-2003, 10:54 PM
I don't mind little critters like them,just didn't know if they would harm anything(foregot to mention i have some mushroms+ricordia+tiny featherdusters)I guess getting liverock is like a box of chocolates,you never know what you're gonna get :mrgreen:
Still wouldn't mind adding a crab,just don't know which one would be best.