PDA

View Full Version : What happens when Anemone dissapears??!!!

banditpowdercoat
03-09-2010, 11:40 PM
So, I havn't been able to find my LTA in over a month!! This morning, Reena tells me that our Banggai is dead now. No signs of ill, he was eating fine, not botherred by any other fish, not even the Tang's. And I got to thinking. Wonder if Anenome is nuking tank? So, Reena tried to find him, but she can't lift most of the rock I have in the tank. There's some pretty large pieces.

Am I looking at total tank meltdown before I get home in a week??

BlueWorldAquatic
03-10-2010, 03:03 AM
check your ammonia in the tank. Doubt it would be the nem though

Ken

no_bs
03-10-2010, 03:07 AM
Maybe check the powerheads. We have lost many to them.

banditpowdercoat
03-10-2010, 03:09 AM
Ya no Ammonia tester... Reena's calling in Mom to take one more stab at the tank because there is 3 fish not accounted for, and a Nem!

BUT, My clam, who has been closed up and on the brink of death for a month, she says hes full open and looks much better lately???

bvlester
03-10-2010, 03:22 AM
Nem eating fish in the back of the tank. OR maybe it a crab I told you guys to put them in your sump!!!!:sad: by the way I found a crab last night having a snack on a orange monti digi. looks good on a kabo stick.

Skimmerking
03-10-2010, 03:48 AM
Hey Dan go find it:mrgreen:

banditpowdercoat
03-10-2010, 03:49 AM
So, Wife tore whole tank apart, apparently 160lbs of LR is sitting on my living room floor in buckets. 3 fish and a LTA Gone!!! No powerheads, No crabs. and everything was there 2 months ago when I tore down to redo my floor's.

Oh, no powerheads, only a CL, with eggcrate grills on the intakes so they cant get sucked in, and pump has maintained flow, no losses. Overflow is a coast to coast and it's only 6" deep, and visible from front, nothing in there either....

Somethign is REALLLY up here.

banditpowdercoat
03-10-2010, 04:08 AM
Mike, I would, but I am in camp for another 7 days :(

I know they just can't vanish. Tanks eurobraced so they shouldnt jump out, she looked behind anyways. Cant see Nem stuck in any rocks or whatnot. She checked, Pump inlet is still all covered with eggcrate. Rock has been apart a few times and theres no sand bed, so I doubt a large worm?

bvlester
03-10-2010, 04:33 AM
maybe its the invasion of the body snatchers...:new-alie::smilecol::new-alie:

Bill

Kryptic4L
03-10-2010, 06:05 AM
perhaps followed my timeline, cadinal #1 dissapeared, no signs of body, cardinal #2 dissapered . no signs of body. Assumed rbta ate them, moved rbta - rbta exploded.

BlueWorldAquatic
03-10-2010, 06:15 AM
Maybe check the powerheads. We have lost many to them.

heh, there would be anenome bits everywhere.

missing fish, cleaned up by cuc, or bristle worms.

Ken

bvlester
03-10-2010, 06:33 AM
fish eaten by Nem then Nem eaten by crabs, I can not see how you would not see if a Nem was hacked up by a power head. I had one get hack a few years ago and I found pieces all over the tank and then there was the really fowl smalling skim mate.

Did you putthem in a bucket when you moved your tank for the reno?

Bill

banditpowdercoat
03-10-2010, 01:42 PM
My timeline, LTA dissapeared, Foxface dies and dissapears. Checkerboard wrasse dissapears(6"long!!) Banggaii Dissapears fairly large to with a 2.5" diam body, excluding fin's!. FF wrasse and Cardinal dissapear completely in a week!

I do have 2 Serpent stars and 2 Brittle stars in the tank. The serpents are not the green meanies but tan banded ones like this. Think they would devour fish that fast? What about a big long spine urchin? About the size of those small 5 pin bowling ball?

http://www.aquaticsworlduk.com/images/P/serp.jpg

And Ya Bill, they were all in a bucket for the reno, and were moved back into tank. Nothing left in bucket. And the Foxface was New 3 weeks ago. he wasnt even here when I moved them for the reno

I do have a couple bristle worms, but not abundant and less than 1" long the ones I see

banditpowdercoat
03-10-2010, 01:48 PM
double post

bvlester
03-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Huh well Dan I don't know what happened to the animals. I still thing the Nem ate them and was abducted. A Nem is the only animal that you have listed that can devourer a semi large fish in a single night but he would poop out the skeletons in a couple days. you just have to figure out what happene to the Nem after he ate all those fish.

Bill

Fishward
03-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Mantis?

banditpowdercoat
03-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Ya the nem MUST still be in there!! I'm gona have to do a complete inspection when I get home. Either way, no carcasses to be found, so they are atleast not rotting and poluting the tank... fingers crossed.

No mantis here either. Rock has been established for 3 years before I got it last summer. I bought complete tank/rock fish.