PDA

View Full Version : lethbridge frag swap

cuz
03-08-2010, 03:33 AM
I posted this on our local forum but figured it wouldn't hurt to get the word out a bit further!!

Hey Everyone,

I've run this idea passed a few different people and everyone seems to agree that it would be something cool and different for everyone to take part in!!
Now I've only ever been to 1 swap so far so I'm gonna be open to suggestions and ideas from everyone to try and make this work as smooth as possible. the one i went to everyone posted there stuff up for swap so it could be viewed prior to bagging it up. This seems to work well, but to try and go a little step further i am able to set up a 4 ft shallow frag tank prior to the event so people can use it for display or even just floating bags.

I don't have a for sure date in stone but will throw out say saturday march 27th in the afternoon. Now if this date is not doable for a large enough group then it can be changed to suit the majority.
Everyone is encouraged to bring frags if they have them, buy frags if you want them, or just come check things out.

Now the only way I'm thinking this will work well is if we have alot of support from everyone, word of mouth travels faster than anything in this hobby!! I will post this in a few other local forums and such to try and draw a bit more attention to it. But I'm also toying with approaching the lfs to see what their thoughts are or even if they have anything to add idea wise.

As of now i'll throw my basement up for the swap and kinda await a bit of input from others on their thoughts and ideas for all this!!

cuz
03-09-2010, 12:11 AM
TTT

date will likely be changed to the 20th of march

Would like to see some input from everyone here regarding what they think makes for a succesfull swap??

cuz
03-10-2010, 12:20 AM
no help?? no tips?? lol come on people!!

Wingin It
03-10-2010, 12:38 AM
Just a thought...

Yesterday a fellow aquarium member mentioned a type of swap that he and his friends do. When one of them purchases or aquires a new coral, they frag it out to each other so that in the even that something happens to theirs they have several other places to go back to get another exactly the same.

I'm a newbie to SW and don't even have a tank set up yet, but I thought i'd mention it just in case. ;)

Best of luck on your swap!

cuz
03-10-2010, 03:55 AM
very good idea!! i do something similar to that but keep them in a frag tank as a back-up if its something nice!!

Ryan
03-10-2010, 04:19 AM
I do the buy coral and give a piece away routing as well. My back up frag goes to a pullet proof tank.

tHeHEYzeus
03-28-2010, 08:16 AM
I'm just getting a marine tank set up and am new to the hobby. Was wondering if anyone could direct me to any local Lethbridge forums.

Thanks a lot!

- Ryan

cuz
03-28-2010, 02:56 PM
heres a link to the most used forum for the lethbridge area. check it out
http://samarineandreef.net/index.php?

tHeHEYzeus
03-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Thanks