PDA

View Full Version : show me your top off bins

Kryptic4L
03-07-2010, 09:50 PM
As title state's I need something a bit bigger then this home depot pail. I seem to be going through water like crazy, also I belive a lid might help.

So post your top off container w\ place of purchase.

Borderjumper
03-07-2010, 10:09 PM
I had a cheap tank made to fit in my stand next to my sump. Its skinny and tall. I also had one made for my other system, but it sits on the floor along side of the sump.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Carrida/IMG_0276-1.jpg

banditpowdercoat
03-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Mine is a 77L Rubbermade Brute garbage can.

mseepman
03-08-2010, 03:57 AM
Mine is a Rubbermaid X-mas wrapping paper holder. The top has a hinge for adding new water and I can always tell how much water I have left.

bvlester
03-08-2010, 04:09 AM
I use a salt bucket and can add more if I want sit new bucket next to old and add hose the two buckets will always be equal in water hight. Add another with hose and all will always be equal in hight and so on. You never have to worry when you are away for a prolonged period 5g last a week, and I am not normally gone for more than 10 days. I use one of thighs decoration water feature pumps as a aqua lifter is not made for this use. I have found after just about 6 months the aqua lifter I had was starting to loss its ability to pump as much water as needed in would go into alarm once in a while. I have cleaned the aqua lifer several times they are just not made for it, anyways the decoration pump was 2 at a store I can't remember which one it was but we got the decoration on clearance so I could get the pump.

Bill

ponokareefer
03-08-2010, 05:11 AM
I had a cheap tank made to fit in my stand next to my sump. Its skinny and tall. I also had one made for my other system, but it sits on the floor along side of the sump.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Carrida/IMG_0276-1.jpg

Who did you get to build that tall slim tank? I haven't been able to find anyone even willing to give me a quote for a tank like that in Alberta.