PDA

View Full Version : fish vs flow

BlueTang<3
03-07-2010, 01:27 PM
So well got bored today and bought another 2 mp40s well actually had a few now flow areas drove us nuts so now i have around 17 000 gph in my display tank and well to say the least fish look like they are struggling to swim lol at any point is there too much flow for fish??

banditpowdercoat
03-07-2010, 01:58 PM
I wish I could buy a couple pumps when I'm bored LOL.

But it may be a little to much flow for them? Are they on constant flow, or pulsating/changing. If you set them up to make more like the undulating flow of the ocean, back and forth, may be easier on the fish.

BlueTang<3
03-07-2010, 02:00 PM
its on reef crest but i was just wondering cause a guy needs to try out his new toys and looked like it was everything they could do to stay from being blown away

Leah
03-07-2010, 02:18 PM
So well got bored today and bought another 2 mp40s well actually had a few now flow areas drove us nuts so now i have around 17 000 gph in my display tank and well to say the least fish look like they are struggling to swim lol at any point is there too much flow for fish??

:lol: So when you get bored you buy MP40's. Hmm :wink:

fishytime
03-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Best way to know if your fish are working hard is to look at their tails......if they use their tails lots, then they are working hard.......Ive got 10000 gph inside a 110g display and the only fish that I have that seems to have trouble with the flow is my clowns (but they aren't the best swimmers to begin with)......IMO anything we do for flow inside our little glass boxes pales in comparison to what mother nature can put across a reef:wink:

And Leah......I can think of funner things to do when Im bored:wink: