PDA

View Full Version : deep water sps

Fishward
03-05-2010, 11:55 PM
hey all,
just picked up a deep water acro (i think its acro) and it does not seem to be extending any poyps at all.. i saw them in the store and all the other coral in my tank is doing great. does anyone have any experience with so called "deep water sps"? is it maybe under too much light? i have a 6x54w T5 fixture over a 24 inch tall tank.

thoughts?

lorenz0
03-06-2010, 02:07 AM
wanna post a picture? will be able to id what it is

Fishward
03-06-2010, 03:02 AM
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/picture.php?albumid=281&pictureid=2807

this is the frag under actinics with a flash... bad photography i know but its Q&D.. very pale color under normal lights with a purple hue.

fishytime
03-06-2010, 04:04 AM
Probably just adjusting to your system..... give it some time......it took forever for my DWs to show good PE......

ScubaSteve
03-06-2010, 04:42 AM
Probably just adjusting to your system..... give it some time......it took forever for my DWs to show good PE......

+1. Give it some time. Some SPS just won't extend their polyps until they're good and settled. I've had some new colonies take over a month before I saw PE (then again these were some seriously mistreated colonies that I rescued and had to nurse back).

Jessie55
03-06-2010, 05:29 PM
I have a deepwater acro that is really growing it is at the top third of my tank under 6 t5 bulbs. Be patient with it cause it took mine about 2 months before i noticed any growth or polyp extension but now it is looking awesome.