PDA

View Full Version : Stocking ideas

DCDN
03-05-2010, 08:12 PM
I have a 50 gallon aquarium and I'm just looking for any suggestions for what else to put into it. I currently have 2 clarki clowns and a sand sifting goby. I have LPS and some softies too. Just looking for some recommendations.

Starry
03-05-2010, 08:33 PM
tailspot blenny, orchid dottyback.

bvlester
03-05-2010, 09:46 PM
purple fire fish they are nice passive fish coral beauty angle passive and normally reef safe I have yet to have one start picking at corals. six line wrasse or a Flame angle very nice have Norri in tank for fish to picket then they don't pick at corals they may if not fed enough. I had one that liked athelia so that was not bad as it grows reasonably fast I've had to frag it a couple of times since the Flame passed on they are sensitive to stress and get ICK from time to time feed flake with garlic and all is OK. Niggers triggers by far my favorite fish.

Bill

ponokareefer
03-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Midas blenny's, fanged blenny's, firefish(if you have a closed top), royal gramma's(not with orchid dottyback though), chalk basses, convict blenny's(if you have a deep sand bed), jawfish(if you have a deep sand bed), clown goby's, pistol shrimp/shrimp goby pair and cardinal fish are a some you could add.

foreveringlass
03-05-2010, 09:55 PM
purple fire fish they are nice passive fish coral beauty angle passive and normally reef safe I have yet to have one start picking at corals. six line wrasse or a Flame angle very nice have Norri in tank for fish to picket then they don't pick at corals they may if not fed enough. I had one that liked athelia so that was not bad as it grows reasonably fast I've had to frag it a couple of times since the Flame passed on they are sensitive to stress and get ICK from time to time feed flake with garlic and all is OK. Niggers triggers by far my favorite fish.

Bill

I just inherited a Coral Beauty because he was nipping at coral. I have a FOWLR tank, so he's fine in mine. I quite enjoy my new addition.:biggrin: