PDA

View Full Version : Calgary stores

Parnold
03-05-2010, 07:02 PM
In calgary for a couple of days, any recommendations for good saltwater shops

globaldesigns
03-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Hey there,

These are the only ones I recomment, any others are either dirty or rip you off.

- Gold Aquariums - Dennis is the owner. Great place for dry goods, hardware and fish. He does a great job on fish and doesn't let any go before they are ready, healthy and eating. His pricing is inline with JL.

- Red Coral Aquariums - Kevin is the owner. Great guy, very personable. Is bringing in fish that others don't have. Doesn't always have a big selection of fish, but has unique ones. Great place for corals, has alot of sps and frags.

- Ocean City - very clean and has selection of stuff as other stores. I deal there once in awhile as I like their cleanliness

I hope this helps,

Rick

karazy
03-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Elite Aquatics
#8 7400 MacLeod trail SE

globaldesigns
03-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Elite Aquatics
#8 7400 MacLeod trail SE

If you go to Elite, just make sure you know your pricing. He can be alot higher than anyone else. Just be aware.

Also, I don't personally shop at Big Al's much, but I have found over the past little bit that their tanks have greatly improved. Fish pricing seems inline, however hardware and dry goods are out to lunch. It is a neat place to visit, and they have a large shark tank there which is in GREAT shape right now. Ask for Kent, he is the ass't manager for help.

Have fun shopping in Calgary

foreveringlass
03-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Hey there,

These are the only ones I recomment, any others are either dirty or rip you off.

- Gold Aquariums - Dennis is the owner. Great place for dry goods, hardware and fish. He does a great job on fish and doesn't let any go before they are ready, healthy and eating. His pricing is inline with JL.

- Red Coral Aquariums - Kevin is the owner. Great guy, very personable. Is bringing in fish that others don't have. Doesn't always have a big selection of fish, but has unique ones. Great place for corals, has alot of sps and frags.

- Ocean City - very clean and has selection of stuff as other stores. I deal there once in awhile as I like their cleanliness

I hope this helps,

Rick

Thanks for that info! I fell in love with the hobby after mistakenly going to Ocean City. I then switched from fresh to salt! They are very clean!

Fragzilla
03-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey there,

I hope this helps,

Rick

+1

I am totaly with you here! When I go to the other places I always wonder why I went lol