PDA

View Full Version : IO scare and heat?

Canadian Man
10-09-2003, 07:01 AM
Anychance any of the people that have had bad batches of IO mix up have had their water tempreature go too high in the mixing container?

I am asking because I am currently mixing up 2 batches of Kent salt and I had my mag pump in one container and a mj1200 in the other. The mag pump adds more heat than most heaters can too the water and the water temp in the container easily exceeded 90F. I check the mix this morning and the container had a white film but the water was clear. I rubbed the sides of the container and I will check the alk tommorow morn.

So back to my origional question.

Thanks

Chad
10-09-2003, 04:42 PM
I check the mix this morning and the container had a white film but the water was clear. I rubbed the sides of the container and I will check the alk tommorow morn.

So back to my origional question.

Thanks

I have a clear bucket that I mix my Kent salt in, and it always produces some sort of flaky white stuff all over the container. I just assumed it was part of the process. Preciptating out. Its always been like this with no ill effects that I have noticed. Perhaps tho it may be getting a bit hot in the container?

Chad

martym
10-09-2003, 11:58 PM
When I mixed mine, it was in a 5 gallon bucket. I used the mixing pump supplied with the IO salt. The temp never got high, It was actually quite cool to the touch. The only thing high was the ALK.