PDA

View Full Version : Some people are just sick...

Brent Shaver
03-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Ontario. Tropical fish, coral poisoned at pet store

Citizen News ServicesMarch 5, 2010 3:06 AM

Whoever poisoned close to 900 fish and coral at a Toronto pet store knew exactly what they were doing, according to one of the store's owners. A customer at Indoor Jungle pet store in Scarborough alerted owner Navid Azar to a bleach-like smell about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. "Whoever did this targeted the filtration system, so they knew exactly where to hit it and where it would hurt the most," said Azar, who estimates they lost about 200 corals, 300 salt-water fish and 400 tropical fish worth in the tens of thousands of dollars.

If they catch this person I would like to see them sent to swin a 100 yard dash through a pool of Piranha.

eternitybc
03-09-2010, 03:20 AM
I don't think anyone would just do something like that for the fun of it. I would guess either a disgruntled ex employee, or an insurance claim. Why else would you wreck an entire stores inventory??

Either way, it's still sick

Crytone
03-09-2010, 04:34 AM
Bleach smell..? Possible cleaning mistake maybe? I don't assume it would take much to pollute the water.

golf nut
03-09-2010, 04:39 AM
I don't think anyone would just do something like that for the fun of it. I would guess either a disgruntled ex employee, or an insurance claim. Why else would you wreck an entire stores inventory??

Either way, it's still sick

This happened a few years ago to another LFS, it could be the competition, could be fraud , could be a number of things, only time will tell.

superduperwesman
03-09-2010, 04:45 AM
or we'll never know....