PDA

View Full Version : Controller question????

The Grizz
03-05-2010, 03:50 AM
OK, I need some help figuring out controller's. I have been thinking it would be a nice addition to my new tank build.

What I need to have on timer's & what I would like to monitor for starters:
4 - 48" 4 bulb T5HO with LED moonlight's, 3 cords per fixture
heat control
PH monitor

Any help would be greatly appreciated with some good detail's. Don't want to brake the bank, less expensive but good quality.

sphelps
03-05-2010, 04:05 AM
Perhaps a simple GHL Profilux II Light will work, it'll control temp and a couple lights then you could just get a cheap ph monitor or digital tester since I find the constant display of ph fairly useless.

mark
03-05-2010, 04:36 AM
getting a bit dated but here's a comparison chart (http://www.aquariumcontrollers.com/aquarium-equipment-comparisons.php).

BWI
03-05-2010, 02:36 PM
PM sent regarding the Profilux Entry Level Pack!

whatcaneyedo
03-05-2010, 02:39 PM
A neptune Jr would do all of that and wouldnt cost very much. If you're not in a hurry you could probably pick one up used in the buy/sell equipment forum.

untamed
03-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Don't buy Aquatronica. I can say that because I own one.

MrsBugmaster
03-05-2010, 05:42 PM
+1 on the neptune AC JR. I had one and loved it.

imcosmokramer
03-05-2010, 07:25 PM
before you buy, think about whether you'll want to expand capabilities. For most users, a simple controller will do. If you want more advanced control, email alerts, etc, then go with that right off the bat.
________
SerennaHot (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/SerennaHot/)

globaldesigns
03-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Now I am interested in these controllers and always have been. Thanks Greg, now I am interested again... HEHE

Besides having timers, plug-ins, and the standard ph and temp probes, of which I don't need. What do these units do that someone like me might want? thanks for any answers.

PEA
03-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Highly recommend the Profilux P3! That thing will do everything you would ever want it to do. Does come with abit of a price, but I think it's more important to invest in a system that is expandable so you can never outgrow it. The Profilux will do that for you and it comes in a nice tidy package!