PDA

View Full Version : Adding a New Clownfish

rynoe
03-04-2010, 08:54 AM
I woke up this morning and found a good portion of my male Black Percula clownfish stuck to the tail spike of my yellow tang. These fish have been togeather for four years so I don't know what provocted this. Anyways now my female is wondering around totally lost. Can I introduce a new black clown or will she kill it?

sick lid
03-04-2010, 12:35 PM
The easiest way to pair her up is with the smallest fish you can find. the smaller the better and easiest for her to accept it. I've done this many times to form new pairs. Use a breeder net for a couple days to introduce them to each other and you should have no problem. Ocellaris and percs are very easy to pair up. BTW your black is an ocellaris and not a percula.

Leah
03-04-2010, 12:37 PM
I agree the smaller the better...in this case anyway.

banditpowdercoat
03-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Ya, I re-pired my clown when it's mate when overflow surfing :( get a small one and should be fine. It may take a couple months. Took just over 2 months for mine to look like they were happy together.

Ron99
03-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Another agreement here. The second one I added was only about 20% smaller then the first but they buddied up within about 10 minutes. Just make sure the new one is smaller and you should be fine.