Lance
03-04-2010, 03:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G2F9sFVGEo

Mr.nintendo
03-04-2010, 03:33 AM
won't work for me

viperfish
03-04-2010, 04:12 AM
I think you need to edit you're settings, all I get is "this video is private".

JDigital
03-04-2010, 04:38 AM
Hahaha... That was great... sitting here, with some chilled out music playing, watching the tour around the tank, and completely missed seeing the clams get dropped in. Went from a peaceful scene to pure feeding frenzy chaos in an instant! :lol:

Great video!

Delphinus
03-04-2010, 11:19 PM
I can't for the life of me figure out why you might have nitrates in that tank!!!! :lol:

Great video Lance. :) Nitrates are a small price to pay for happy fish, so .. soldier on my friend, soldier on.

lastlight
03-04-2010, 11:59 PM
sweet sexy kole...those look like happy fish!

Lance
03-05-2010, 12:25 AM
I can't for the life of me figure out why you might have nitrates in that tank!!!! :lol:

Great video Lance. :) Nitrates are a small price to pay for happy fish, so .. soldier on my friend, soldier on.

Tony, I've decided this tank will be a FOWLRSLSPBN (fish only with live rock, softies, LPS, Stylophoras, Pocci's and Bird's Nests.) Softies and LPS thrive in this tank while Stylo's, Pocci's and BN's are the only SPS that seem to do well. Which is actually OK with me as SPS grow pretty good in the 90g corner tank. So, I'll have one tank for the SPS and one tank for the fish. :biggrin:

PS: the nitrates are now reading 1 on Elos and 2 on Salifert. Almost there! :thumb:

banditpowdercoat
03-05-2010, 12:57 AM
What, if any prep do you do to the clam's? And would feeding them clams give them a taste and make them attack my Crocea?

Lance
03-05-2010, 01:44 AM
What, if any prep do you do to the clam's? And would feeding them clams give them a taste and make them attack my Crocea?

Not much: Just pop them open, rinse and serve on the half shell.
I don't keep clams in this tank. I do in the 90g but have never fed those fish clam meat for that very reason.

PoonTang
03-05-2010, 04:24 AM
LOL cute video of the dog on the tread mill too. How fast have you had her up to so far? :twised:

Delphinus
03-05-2010, 05:34 AM
Awesome to hear about the nitrates. Think it was the new reactor that made the difference or did you change anything else?

My pellets stopped tumbling the night before I left for vacation. (Ah Murphy, you and your silly little law, you..). I swapped out powerheads, cleaned out the sponge, nothing I would do would retumble them. So I swapped out pellets as a last resort. Still no tumbling. :( Not sure what happened that they stopped like that. I'll try poking around some more when I'm back, hopefully things will limp along in the meantime..

Lance
03-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Awesome to hear about the nitrates. Think it was the new reactor that made the difference or did you change anything else?

My pellets stopped tumbling the night before I left for vacation. (Ah Murphy, you and your silly little law, you..). I swapped out powerheads, cleaned out the sponge, nothing I would do would retumble them. So I swapped out pellets as a last resort. Still no tumbling. :( Not sure what happened that they stopped like that. I'll try poking around some more when I'm back, hopefully things will limp along in the meantime..

I just hooked up the new reactor yesterday, so that's not it. No idea why the 'trates dropped again. The Vertex reactor works so much better than the TLF for tumbling the pellets, so I'm hoping I'll be down to 0 readings soon.