PDA

View Full Version : Sebea dying??

bwi7
03-04-2010, 02:59 AM
my clown decided to host the anenome yesterday and it was doing awesome for the last 5 days in the tank, it was full and looking fantastic, then the clown got interested in it. Overnight, something happened, and this morning and all day it's been slumped over and looking all schrivelled up and with one side with half inflated tentacles. What to do? The two green bubble tips are doing awesome, and so is the long tip purple one. I don't get it. Checked all the water and everything was exactly where it should be. Why as soon as the clown got interested in it, and it's still attached to the rock, however it doesn't feel sticky??? Any ideas what's happening?

bvlester
03-04-2010, 05:56 AM
don't worry the clown is just rubbing against it alot and they also will shrink to take a poop tenticals will shrivel up also nothing to worry about. Clowns can be realy rough on a Nem when they first are getting use to each other once all is settled down the Nem will look great maybe even better than before as it will have a clown sitting in it :mrgreen:and laughing at everyone passing by...:razz:

Bill

DCDN
03-04-2010, 06:14 AM
Mine does that fairly often and I've had no problems at all. Usually only lasts for a little bit

bwi7
03-04-2010, 12:33 PM
So, about 10 minutes after I posted this, I looked in the tank and was filling out it's tentacles, and the clown was all over it. :biggrin: completely making a liar out of me.. Then this morning it was all schrivelled up again. So, after seeing it last night make an almost complete recovery, I'll just keep an eye on it. Thank you guys for giving us hope, cuz I'd hate to loose this guy cuz he's beautiful when he's happy.

bwi7
03-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Got home from work and it was dead! :sad:

BC564
03-05-2010, 03:10 PM
CAn you explain why you think its dead? The reason I'm asking is because mine has closed up for up to 3 days in the past.

naesco
03-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Got home from work and it was dead! :sad:

How many months has it been since your tank completed it cycle?

BC564
03-05-2010, 07:41 PM
is it still securely attached to a rock ...or glass....?

bvlester
03-05-2010, 07:47 PM
The clown hosting in it will beat it up quite a bit and it will close up fromthis happening. if it is still on the rock I would say it is very much alive. even if it is not on the rock you would know if it died they start to detierate fast and smell bad. you would have to do a water change and add carbon to get the bad stuff out of your tank.

Bill

bwi7
03-14-2010, 03:36 AM
We were keeping a vigilant eye on it, and it started to fall apart and the other fish were picking at it and it wasn't attached to it's rock anymore. So we got it out before it contaminated the tank. There was no smell when we removed it.