PDA

View Full Version : sapphire skimmer problem

MrsBugmaster
03-03-2010, 06:29 PM
I finally got water my 34 gal solana. When I pug in the sapphire skimmer that was made for this tank, it bubbles up and over flows lifting the collection cup lid up. Is this just because it is new and needs to break in or is there another problem. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Marlin65
03-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Turn your power head down you are putting to much water through

MrsBugmaster
03-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Turn your power head down you are putting to much water through

No ph on right now, just pump that came with the skimmer and the one that came with the tank.

noirsphynx
03-03-2010, 07:13 PM
What water conditioner(if any) are you using?

MrsBugmaster
03-03-2010, 07:18 PM
RO/DI water, I let salt mix in mixing container for 24 hrs. filled up tank with new saltwater,(took 2 days to get enough mixed water to fill tank) plugged in and had this problem right away. Tank have been running for 3 hrs now and not change.

noirsphynx
03-03-2010, 07:25 PM
I thought it might have been a conditioner you may have been using. I had the same problem with my skimmer when I started up my first salt tank.

I think you'll just need to keep playing with it and tweaking the adjustment.

noirsphynx
03-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Have a look at this link http://justmyreef.com/index.php/2009/07/29/installed-euro-reef-nano-skimmer/

MrsBugmaster
03-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Have a look at this link http://justmyreef.com/index.php/2009/07/29/installed-euro-reef-nano-skimmer/

Thanks for the link it says there is a solution to the problem:

2010-01-22: Mesh Wheel Issue – New Wheel Efficiency Solution
When I replaced the mesh wheel with the new and improved version which became available at the beginning January, the mesh wheel was too efficient causing skimmer to overproduce bubbles causing skimmer cup to fill instantly. A solution has been identified and installed which appears to have resolved the issue. By placing an airline 2-way valve inline of the pump’s air intake and before the air silencer, fine tuning is possible correcting problem.

2010-02-06: Final Word
With the new mesh wheel and the 2-way valve to fine tune, this skims excellent! Bad news, Sapphire Aquatics has officially went out of business which is a huge loss to the nano market.

I will try this and hopefully it will work.

MrsBugmaster
03-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Ok, I went out and bought a $1.50 2-way airline value and installed it right before the silencer and it seams to have solved the problem! I may have to tweak it a little after its broke-in but so far so good.
:clap2: