PDA

View Full Version : Another S****y Day

The Grizz
03-03-2010, 03:54 AM
Well just another day, so I thought. I was doing a top-up of my 155 & a water change in my QT where my LT plate is. I really don't think it is going to make it back & that really suck's as it was a nice piece. Then I moved on to my 75 Corner & found my second favorite aquatic friend that I have ever had dead. My 14" Snowflake Eel head was stuck in a rock that he was unable to get out of. He was so much fun to watch & feed, he was so gentle that I was able to feed by hand. When I would clean the inside of the glass he would come out and swim circle's around my wrist. I feed him and we played about just the other day (Sunday) and now Mory is gone.:cry::cry::cry:

R.I.P Mory, we will miss you:sad:

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx291/GRIZZtheWELDER/Corals%20and%20Fish/100_2872.jpg

Flash
03-03-2010, 04:05 AM
I am really sorry to hear about mory. How old was he?

The Grizz
03-03-2010, 04:09 AM
I am really sorry to hear about mory. How old was he?
Only had him for about 8 month but he was a cool little dude.

whatcaneyedo
03-03-2010, 04:22 AM
Long tentacle plates are notoriously hard to keep. They're one of those coral that just seems to die all of a sudden for no apparent reason for most people (like gonipora). You can save yourself some grief if you stick with the regular ones. However I do know one person who has had one for at least 4 years so sometimes people get lucky.

Thats too bad about the snowflake though. Did you have a minor avalanche or something?

The Grizz
03-03-2010, 04:37 AM
Long tentacle plates are notoriously hard to keep. They're one of those coral that just seems to die all of a sudden for no apparent reason for most people (like gonipora). You can save yourself some grief if you stick with the regular ones. However I do know one person who has had one for at least 4 years so sometimes people get lucky.

Thats too bad about the snowflake though. Did you have a minor avalanche or something?
I don't think Iwill try another LT plate that is for sure. There was no rock slide, what I think might have happened was after I feed him on Sunday he tried to go through a rock, got stuck and could not pull himself out.

Coleus
03-03-2010, 04:44 AM
So sorry to hear that.

BC564
03-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Poor little guy....sorry for you loss......you know you need to replace him right?

fishoholic
03-03-2010, 02:53 PM
I don't think Iwill try another LT plate that is for sure. There was no rock slide, what I think might have happened was after I feed him on Sunday he tried to go through a rock, got stuck and could not pull himself out.

So sorry to hear that. I would freak out if that happened to my eel, and mine loves to squeeze into all kind of spots in the rock in my tank.

DCDN
03-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Im really sorry to hear that, a great loss

Griffin
03-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Sorry about your loss - I had a snowflake that acted the same, would play, loved to wrap around my arm while feeding, would come out as soon as people showed up to show off. Had him about a year and a half before he passed so I know how you feel.
R.I.P Mory

Lance
03-03-2010, 04:53 PM
:sad:

christyf5
03-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Sorry to hear :neutral:

Carmen
03-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Total Bummer Greg! So Sorry to hear!:sad:

Trocar61
03-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Sorry to here that Greg,:cry: I had one and he was a cool fish...But he loved my other fish also.So he had to go..Will you be replacing him with another one?

blueyota
03-03-2010, 08:04 PM
thats a bummer sorry to hear :cry:

The Grizz
03-04-2010, 03:35 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words, not sure if I will replace him right away. Might wait for a little bit, but if I do happen to see the right one who know's.