PDA

View Full Version : Bangaii cardinal

Chase31
03-03-2010, 02:42 AM
okay so i got one 3-4 days ago, once put in the tank he hid under a rock right away, now hes getting brave and will come out, but seams every time i feed and something touches the water hes right back in his cave and hasn't eaten yet, any ideas!?? tried thawed mysis and pellets soaked in garlic

nothings working.... any ideas?

cordeiro
03-03-2010, 03:10 AM
got some info for ya off the net....

Behavior
Banggaii cardinals get along with their own kind, as well as with other peaceful tank mates. However, two males should not be kept together as they will fight. They like to be seen in the open at all times, and will get to recognize you when you enter the room. They can sometimes be shy when first introduced to a new tank, but it quickly goes away.
Feeding
Livebearers, shrimp and other fresh and frozen meaty foods are the best choice for these fish, and good starter foods to train them onto frozen foods. They will rarely accept flake or other dry processed foods, which should be avoided because they will not provide proper nutrition. If your new fish is not accepting the foods you have, you can usually get them eating with Mysis shrimp - a fatty crustacean. After they are eating this, introduce other foods into their diet. Avoid feeding the mysis for long periods of time as it has poor nutritional value.

hope it helps

Chase31
03-03-2010, 03:14 AM
thanks will try the mysis again

cordeiro
03-03-2010, 03:19 AM
but he might need some time to get used to the new home.... just like a cat or dog dose when they come home for the 1st time...

Chase31
03-03-2010, 03:26 AM
well thats what i read, i assumed he would hes getting better but hes still a lil scared of me

Chase31
03-06-2010, 02:44 AM
bump, still not eating and hiding still when i come in the room :(

banditpowdercoat
03-06-2010, 02:54 AM
Banggai's are More Nocturnal feeders. Only reciently has mine started eating in daylight. For a year, We barely saw him eat. They will forrage for Pods and little critters after lights out. I find a little moonlight or just a dim roomlight helped mine too. Just a little to let him see the critters a bit better, but yet everyone else was asleep

Chase31
03-06-2010, 03:10 AM
yea im kinda worried about him he stays in the same spot and its a 30G tank so idk if hell find much

banditpowdercoat
03-06-2010, 03:18 AM
Ya try feeding him a while after lights out, when all the others have basically passed out