PDA

View Full Version : RBTA = time bomb

Kryptic4L
03-02-2010, 03:17 AM
I am so flipping done with RBTA's, I split a rock in half last night so I could relocate the anenome with more option's. He must of had his foot 5 inches into the rock work or something. Came home tonight to cloudy tank.

The good and the bad.

the good - My New cone skimmer arrived tonight
the bad its not broken in.

the good- I had 15 gallons of tank water already brewing from yesterday. the bad - I ran out of salt and could not make a second batch until I picked up salt.

the good- the bucket of salt was 52 dollar's and I had a 50 dollar visa gift card
the bad- I got IO over my normal brand because The only place I could think of being open past 8 was the big A

the good- my current skimmer seemed to of grabbed a good portion of what was released
the bad- I produced my own skimmate after I smelled it

the good- im getting some water changes in
the bad - i just did a 5 hour tank maintenance yesterday.

Seamazter
03-02-2010, 04:24 AM
the bad- I produced my own skimmate after I smelled it

Snicker on this point only, my heart is with you on the rest.

globaldesigns
03-02-2010, 04:26 AM
Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope things go ok, and you have no further losses.

I myself will never do any anemone, as I am too scared of what can happen.

Hope all goes well.

Kryptic4L
03-02-2010, 05:04 AM
should be all good with minimal damage, i think i got the water change in within 2 hours of it happening, the second one will be in half hour or so.

Kryptic4L
03-02-2010, 05:15 AM
ok im even guy, lost rbta and got a free tshirt with my skimmer.

viperfish
03-02-2010, 05:38 PM
So what's wrong with IO salt?
...and what the heck are you smashing a rock with an anemone inside it? Did you try the powerhead or ice cube methods at all?

Marlin65
03-02-2010, 07:45 PM
I feel your pain I will never get another after going through that as well.:twised:

Kryptic4L
03-03-2010, 01:16 AM
So what's wrong with IO salt?
...and what the heck are you smashing a rock with an anemone inside it? Did you try the powerhead or ice cube methods at all?

The bad with IO salt for me is , once you get used to a brand you know what to worry about and what to expect. ive had io in the past with great success using it, but when im making salt on the fly id prefer to know that things will be relatively consistent with my tank water.

powerheads and anenome's do not go hand and hand for me, i havehad one crawl into it and explode. ive broken a ton of rock in the past and its normally a 2 second operation, this one did not go as planned. I will have to look up the ice method if i ever go the route of the anenome again.