PDA

View Full Version : Bad day :(

Flash
02-28-2010, 10:01 PM
Noticed my royal gramma sideways.. tried to grab it... sunk further into my rock work... i have to rip it all apart just to get the fish out of the tank.. now my tank is in shambles... i am not super impressed today... now i have to try and get all the livestock out so i can re-set the rock work... this will take a LONG time as they are all little pieces of rock! MAN OH MAN! not the way i wanted to spend my sunday.... are you sure none of you have a 33gl tank and stand! lol! I want to get rid of 50% of these small rock pieces...dang it.:sad:

Leah
02-28-2010, 10:12 PM
:sad:

Chase31
02-28-2010, 10:32 PM
are you sure none of you have a 33gl tank and stand! :

well i have one i just set up :P does that count lol

Flash
02-28-2010, 10:34 PM
14 pieces of small rock i have to get out plus my livestock... BAH... beyond frustrated.

The Grizz
02-28-2010, 10:39 PM
What size of tank are you running now?

Flash
02-28-2010, 11:04 PM
I have a 26 tall.

Flash
03-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Before and after pics... i am not happy with the after but it will have to go. I am thinking I will Go to a 20gl LONG tank. keep everything shallow.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/lyndsy_m/IMG00087_2.jpg

After

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/lyndsy_m/BAH.jpg

I wrecked the sand bed so it`s super couldy! PLUS the pistol shrimp has to re-make its home! OI what a day

Skimmerking
03-01-2010, 02:13 AM
that is nothing do it to a 150 gal 20 long good idea get get some pic's going....

had to do it to get a angel out and now i love my rock work.,

The Grizz
03-01-2010, 02:21 AM
that is nothing do it to a 150 gal 20 long good idea get get some pic's going....

had to do it to get a angel out and now i love my rock work.,
I hear you there Asmodeus, I have had to do it twice in my 155 BF (24" deep & 24" wide in the middle) to get out a Damsel and then a Lunar (lunitic) Wrasse.

Flash
03-01-2010, 02:35 AM
yes i sure am thankful it wasn't a huge tank like yours. if they were big pieces of roach it would have been fine... but little 3-4" pieces is not so fun! everything i have appoxied together fell apart.

Leah
03-01-2010, 02:38 AM
I hear you there Asmodeus, I have had to do it twice in my 155 BF (24" deep & 24" wide in the middle) to get out a Damsel and then a Lunar (lunitic) Wrasse.

UH OH!

Grizz can I ask why you say lunitic Lunare Wrasse??
Have one in QT just waiting to go in my 95 gal. Did I do a bad thing.:wink:

The Grizz
03-01-2010, 02:56 AM
UH OH!

He was 6" long and just a speed demon, mine liked to throw sand around. But that was just him. How big is yours? He would also bury himself in the sand if I had my hand in the tank.

Leah
03-01-2010, 03:20 AM
He was 6" long and just a speed demon, mine liked to throw sand around. But that was just him. How big is yours? He would also bury himself in the sand if I had my hand in the tank.

He is still small 1 1/2 ". :wink: That might actually be a good thing.:lol:

noirsphynx
03-01-2010, 04:15 AM
That sucks bean!!!! Now why didn't you take the devil damsel out too while you were at it?

fishoholic
03-01-2010, 01:44 PM
That sucks Bean, sorry to hear it :sad: Hopefully you'll find a new tank soon (I like the 20g long, but 30g is bigger :mrgreen:) and the new set up will go smoothly.

UH OH!

FYI lunare wrasses (for the most part) are very aggressive, usually becoming more aggressive as they get bigger. My 6" lunare will attack any wrasse that is the same size as him. He even holds his own, doesn't back down and sometimes provokes, my 8" miniatus grouper. Also my lunare and grouper (mostly the lunare) killed a parrotfish. Steve's sister got a lunare before I could warn her not too (she has a 90g) and hers is 3 1/2" and it's killed 2 blennies and often picks on her clownfish :sad: So unfortunately Leah you may have done a bad thing if you want to keep any similar shaped fish in your 95g ie: other wrasses, blennies, pseudochromis (dottybacks) etc.

Namnuta
03-01-2010, 05:23 PM
UH OH!

I would not put another lunare Wrasse in my tank ever again.Say good by to any inverts, and other fish he doesn't like. Mine was a murdering, invert eating monster. I got a fish trap, and got the little bugger. I highly advise you to take that Lunatic Wrasse back to your LFS.

@op
I feel your pain. I have a 165G tank, and i couldn't imagine having to do something like that.

Leah
03-01-2010, 06:07 PM
That sucks Bean, sorry to hear it :sad: Hopefully you'll find a new tank soon (I like the 20g long, but 30g is bigger :mrgreen:) and the new set up will go smoothly.

FYI lunare wrasses (for the most part) are very aggressive, usually becoming more aggressive as they get bigger. My 6" lunare will attack any wrasse that is the same size as him. He even holds his own, doesn't back down and sometimes provokes, my 8" miniatus grouper. Also my lunare and grouper (mostly the lunare) killed a parrotfish. Steve's sister got a lunare before I could warn her not too (she has a 90g) and hers is 3 1/2" and it's killed 2 blennies and often picks on her clownfish :sad: So unfortunately Leah you may have done a bad thing if you want to keep any similar shaped fish in your 95g ie: other wrasses, blennies, pseudochromis (dottybacks) etc.

Apparently... uh! oh!.. may have been an understatement...:twised:
I was actually going to ask you Laurie before I ordered him and then didn't. :noidea:

Thanks guy's!!!:redface:

Flash
03-01-2010, 06:10 PM
why do people always hi-jack my threads! lol

fishoholic
03-01-2010, 09:56 PM
why do people always hi-jack my threads! lol

Sorry Bean :redface: Although I did make an on topic comment 1st, does that count :question:

Apparently... uh! oh!.. may have been an understatement...:twised:
I was actually going to ask you Laurie before I ordered him and then didn't. :noidea:

Thanks guy's!!!:redface:

It's to bad you didn't as lunare's can often be quite mean. However maybe you'll get lucky and have a rare not so aggressive one, like my Sohal tang is.

And Bean think 30g, bigger is better IMO

Doo
03-01-2010, 10:10 PM
I would not put another lunare Wrasse in my tank ever again.Say good by to any inverts, and other fish he doesn't like. Mine was a murdering, invert eating monster. I got a fish trap, and got the little bugger. I highly advise you to take that Lunatic Wrasse back to your LFS.

I got Grizz's lunar and he is fast around the tank but has not hurt anything and it has been over 3 weeks. I also have a cleaner shrimp and a coral banded and no problems so far...

he also get along with my other wrasses and he is the biggest!

fishoholic
03-02-2010, 03:00 PM
I got Grizz's lunar and he is fast around the tank but has not hurt anything and it has been over 3 weeks. I also have a cleaner shrimp and a coral banded and no problems so far...

he also get along with my other wrasses and he is the biggest!

I find if there are others before him he's ok however anyone added after is fair game.

Leah
03-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Sorry Bean :redface:

Best thread ever stared though:nod:...do I get any points here.:biggrin:

:focus: