PDA

View Full Version : Are there any SPS tanks out there that are NOT adding coral food supplements?

kien
02-26-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm mostly curious about those running SPS tanks that are NOT using supplements like Zeo or UltraLight additives or coral foods like cyclopeze, coral frenzy etc.. This thread isn't meant to debate the merits of any of these additives. Again, just curious to see if anyone is successful without feeding their corals. What I'm wondering I guess is whether or not I am delusion in thinking that I can get away with not feeding my corals and just letting them live off of photosynthesis and fish poop.

christyf5
02-26-2010, 07:30 PM
I don't feed my corals anything on a regular basis. Every once in a blue moon I throw in some product I've been sucked into buying. I wouldn't exactly say I've been "successful" either. Just determined :razz:

marie
02-26-2010, 08:00 PM
I don't add any supplements of any type and I like to think I'm successful :mrgreen:

lorenz0
02-26-2010, 08:34 PM
I did for a year. Than i was disappointed with the colors i was getting and growth. I can tell you that after only a few weeks of using zeo products my colors have enhanced and growth had increased

oh and i dose rotifeast and oyster feast once a week

Reefer Rob
02-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Of course you can keep SPS without feeding anything extra. I go months without feeding when I'm not into it. Feeding just makes the corals healthier IMO.

I feed Coral Frenzy BTW..... most of the time. :redface:

fishytime
02-26-2010, 09:49 PM
I dont dose a thing:mrgreen:.................................... .................................................. .................................................. ...ya............my tank is probably one of the most additive addicted tanks here:lol: (16 different products)

Doug
02-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Nope, dont dose any in my sps tank but then perhaps thats why it does not look like Doug,s either. :lol:

shrimpchips
02-27-2010, 12:03 AM
No coral specific food in my reef either :)

lorenz0
02-27-2010, 12:26 AM
I dont dose a thing:mrgreen:.................................... .................................................. .................................................. ...ya............my tank is probably one of the most additive addicted tanks here:lol: (16 different products)

HA HA your corals are cracked out. They also have been the best in my tank

Ya Dude
02-27-2010, 01:44 AM
havent dosed a thing in 4 years and dont think i ever will now.Just feed the fish heavy and skim heavy.tried zeo way back and didnt care for it, or its regime. All my corals look great. v
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45710&page=2

Zoaelite
02-27-2010, 03:43 AM
Water changes and 2 part FTW.

Major nitrate sink is the DSB's and macro/ mangroves, I power feed my fish and do allot of LPS target feeding, Vit C and Coral Snow are added every so often but I don't do it religiously. I'm pretty happy with my SPS and considering how mixed the system is I'm surprised there doing so well.
Levi

madkeenreefer
02-28-2010, 06:20 PM
photosynthesis and fish poop here

Snappy
02-28-2010, 08:24 PM
I don't dose coral "food" but my sps tank is heavily stocked with about 70 fish.

kien
02-28-2010, 11:51 PM
well then, if Coral Master doesn't supplement with coral additives then why should I??? :lol:

JDigital
03-01-2010, 12:02 AM
well then, if Coral Master doesn't supplement with coral additives then why should I??? :lol:

Just need more fish poo... :wink: