PDA

View Full Version : red sea max sump build

tinman
02-23-2010, 02:04 AM
i am thinking about building a sump for my red sea max 130d somewhere around a 10-12 gallon size and i need some ideas about the overflow, as there isn't much for openings at the rear of the tank should i just use a chunk of hose and a couple of 90 degree elbows and also if the power goes out and the supply loses suction can the neptune aqua controller jr be programmed to shut down the return pump with a float switch after the sump level drops if there is no flow from the supply and also i would like some ideas on return pumps thanks.
kevin.

TheKid
02-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Tell me how It goes because I have been interested in thIs for a while!

viperfish
02-23-2010, 02:14 AM
When I had my RSM I bought a Lifereef overflow, it is built to fit the RSM rear compartment perfectly and works great. Just go to www.lifereef.com and check it out.

tinman
02-24-2010, 03:06 AM
gentlemen and ladies!
i am hearing that ge silicone type 1 windows and doors is suitable for aquarium use or anything without the mildew additive is also ok but the best is type 1

viperfish
02-24-2010, 03:39 AM
Home Hardware sells a store brand silicone that states right on the tube "Safe for Aquarium Use"

Skimmerking
03-04-2012, 02:26 AM
When I had my RSM I bought a Lifereef overflow, it is built to fit the RSM rear compartment perfectly and works great. Just go to www.lifereef.com and check it out.
Do you still have that overflow I am looking for one for my family that I am. Getting

fishytime
03-04-2012, 02:35 AM
correct me if Im wrong, but I think that you can drill the backs of RSMs and BCs....far safer option then an overflow box Mike

Skimmerking
03-04-2012, 02:48 AM
Do you still have that overflow I am looking for one for my rsm250 that I am. Getting

Since I can't edit this friggin post this option is dum