02-23-2010, 12:24 AM
There. I said it! I feel better now. *sigh*

Marlin65
02-23-2010, 12:27 AM
What went wrong??????

Keri
02-23-2010, 12:31 AM
What went wrong??????

Oh nothing... all at once anyhow... I just don't have TIME to keep it at the level I like it and the cyano is getting out of control and the corals are dying (the fish are fine) but it's just sad to see it go like this but at the same time... I keep dumping money and time into it and the bottom line is: I loved the idea of it but I just don't have the time. We've all seen these posts, I guess I'm just another one.

Marlin65
02-23-2010, 12:44 AM
I think we all go through it after some time. I think I should get rid of mine sometimes so I can go hiking camping more and not have to worry about my tank. Maybe down size that might help with the maintenance. I hear Mike is going through that as well.

Keri
02-23-2010, 01:14 AM
We are seriously considering moving to a new house and I don't think the tank will come with us, it's sad but you've gotta prioritize, right?

Delphinus
02-23-2010, 01:24 AM
I don't hate your tank! FWIW.

Although it bears mention I think everyone's tank is nicer than my own.

Keri
02-23-2010, 01:30 AM

LOL - thanks Del but you haven't seen it lately! I'd bet money yours is 100% better! (It was even when my tank was good!)

BMW Rider
02-23-2010, 03:39 PM

Everyones tank IS nicer than mine. :sad:

I too feel the desire to downsize or get rid of the tanks at times. The desire to not be tied to them when adventure calls is compelling. So hard to plan time away when your limited by how long the tank can survive without attention. Then all the continual mini crises with various pests, losses, leaks, equipment failures, etc. just drain the fun out of it sometimes.

Its a tough hobby, but when things are good, its very rewarding too.

fishoholic
02-23-2010, 03:44 PM
It does suck when things aren't going well and the maintence is hard work and it does use up a lot of money. That being said though I love watching my fish and I know I'd miss them if I ever had to leave the hobby.

Murminator
02-24-2010, 04:48 AM
Been there done that.....it gets better :mrgreen: