PDA

View Full Version : Good experience at King Ed's!

robbyville
10-05-2003, 07:14 PM
Hi all,

Traditionally I have not done a lot of business at King Ed's, although I do like to look around at their tanks for sale and dream a little dream! Well I thought that I should at least mention something that happened that I never expected...

I moved here from the states, my old PC lights were 96w straight pin tubes. Nobody in Canada that I have found carries these, nor are they willing to bring them in since they would have to buy a case or maybe a half case. I certainly don't begrudge that, after all, how long is it reasonable to sit on stock for? Besides, I'm only looking for Acitinic supplementation, not even a good variety!

At any rate, last time I was at King Ed's I was commenting on this to Eric, he said, "Well let's see what I can do", and took my number down. I had heard this before and truthfully was not expecting anything. About a week and a half later he actually called me to let me know that he had found the bulbs and they were waiting for me. He ended up bringing 6 bulbs in. I took two of the bulbs, so if anyone out there needs some straight pin 96w Coralife acitinic's, King Ed's has em!

I thought that I would write this mostly because for whatever reasons I always discounted King Ed's from a service stand point, I always go to J&L's because I like their expertise and prices, they have also been great service wise, but this taught me to not discount the other shops. Kudo's to Eric and thanks!

Rob

hw
10-05-2003, 10:08 PM
agree, eric and his bro (?) robert are great and very helpful.

psuedo
10-05-2003, 10:13 PM
Yes they are very helpful when you spend enough money. If they think that you aren't spending enough money there, then they can be a little bit arrogant (especially Eric) and not be as nice to you and make snide comments. That is why some people choose not to shop there. I like King Ed Pets, only because Robert in the fish room is helpful and not an a****** to you when you can't find anything to buy

Son Of Skyline
10-05-2003, 10:30 PM
If they think that you aren't spending enough money there, then they can be a little bit arrogant (especially Eric) and not be as nice to you and make snide comments.

That's an understatement :lol:

I've spent alot of money there on all my animals and I still get attitude sometimes. When I first started shopping there they were downright rude and my girlfriend swore she'd never go in there again. The only guy I'm cool with there is Robert in the fish room. I used to work with him a long time ago and he treats me right when I'm there :biggrin:

dekay
10-06-2003, 05:55 AM
LOL, I generally try not to deal with Eric cuz the guy smells real bad. My gf and I are in pretty good terms with Ron which is the owner's son. We just get him to introduce everything to us and he'll tell Eric to rack up the price. He'll usually give him a nudge and say, give them more discounts :D.

Recently went there one week apart to pick up equipment for myself and my friend who just got a new setup (spent 2 grand total). I still had to wait like 2-3 hours to finally get out the door. Can't blame them for the volume of business they get really.