PDA

View Full Version : Mushroom HELP

cordeiro
02-19-2010, 02:54 AM
We bought some mushrooms today 7 heads on 1 rock, since being in ur tank they havent opened and they now have brown strings coming from them does anyone know what this means? or what I should do??

no_bs
02-19-2010, 03:00 AM
That is normal. Let them settle in, they will go back in.

BlueTang<3
02-19-2010, 03:04 AM
is it a brown slime or brown tenticles keep an eye on them if it seems to be slimey sound like a bacterial infection whats ur lighting / water parameters where they in the tank u got them from vs ur tank too much lighting and they can fry like that too good luck

cordeiro
02-19-2010, 03:06 AM
It looks like strings coming from them, we did all our tests today everything is fine 100% we have t5s and the tank we bough them from they were at the very top so we put ours in the middle should I take them out??

BlueTang<3
02-19-2010, 03:10 AM
not yet they wont harm anything for now see what there doing could be feeding tenticles although there usually clear i have had colonies or mushrooms when stressed go brown u may lose a few pylops but kep an eye on them

cordeiro
02-19-2010, 03:19 AM
okay so what if its slimy?? what should I do then??

BlueTang<3
02-19-2010, 03:24 AM
now that is hit or miss u need to know the problem first kinda sorry i am not more help but if it is light related move them down bacterial dip them in tropic marine coral dip or related and well when i had it happen to me i sucked the slime out cant say if that is right or not tho it worked for me and well saved my mushrooms

cordeiro
02-19-2010, 03:29 AM
Okay thanks so much! its just very strange we do have alot of mushrooms in our tank as well as other corals and i havent seen this happen I really am kinda worried :(

BlueTang<3
02-19-2010, 03:48 AM
it all depends where u pick up ur live stock try to find a solid store with live stock and good suppliers and slick setups check out Josh and Lando at marine aquaria if u have not yet make them give u a tour of the coral tanks equipment and u will know ur getting very healty product try to pick stuff that has been in the store a few days as well pick a store and shop there once they get to know u they will hold stuff for u so u now its good