PDA

View Full Version : ICH Q's

burrows14
02-18-2010, 06:02 AM
I had an ich a month ago and decided to leave my tank fishless for 8-9 weeks to treat it. I am wordering if I have to remove my inverts also which include starfish shrimp anemone snails and hermits. just curious also if you have to remove fish that are immune to ich?

Cheers
Ray

blueyota
02-18-2010, 06:23 AM
imo no fish is really immune to ich just a healthier fish can fight it off easier and some fish just get ich if you look at it the wrong way (powder blue tang)
but if you are going to remove all the fish and treat and put them back if you stress them while putting back you might end up with it all over again it will always be around its just less dramatic if you Qt fish first make sure its doing good before introducing to the display will lessen the amount of ich parasite or chances of other parasites entering display .....
Myself i think every tank has ich..some more then others some to the point they dont see it for years until a major temp swing or a bully comes along and stresses out a fish to where its slime coat weakens and ich can act on...
this is just my opinion here

Wow sorry for the novel of a post
and inverts are not effected by ich

burrows14
02-18-2010, 06:39 AM
when I first got my current tank I didnt QT....lesson learned lol Im upgrading in a few weeks and have a chance to do the 8 week cycle so im gonna go for it and I have a qt set up now so that I wont have to do anything this again. thats for the info!