PDA

View Full Version : Chalice

TheKid
02-18-2010, 05:05 AM
Got my first chalice today!!! I know a little about them but was wondering if people with expierence can give me some tips and help on placement.
Will post a picbof the drag when I have a chance!

-Stefan:mrgreen:

whatcaneyedo
02-18-2010, 05:29 AM
They're pretty easy. I have 4 in the sandbed of my 50 gal but I think they can pretty much be placed anywhere.

TheKid
02-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Bump

ponokareefer
02-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Well, you aren't getting any info from owners, so I thought I would chime in on what I've learned. I've got a few on order, and so did research before hand on reefcentral on how to properly care for them. Most everyone there said they need low light, and low flow. A few people were having issues with them bleaching out, and then people suggested putting it in lower light, and that seemed to help them recover. They will also benefit from food, such as Marine Snow, Coral Frenzy, or Cyclo-Peez. Hope this helps, and in a short time, I'll be trying this as well.
What does your chalice look like?

Powertec
02-18-2010, 05:16 PM
I have a water melon chalice that likes high light like my sps, just experiment and see what it likes.
I would though start off in low light and low flow however, but like i said my is like a sps coral high flow and light.
I feed oyster feast twice a week.

TheKid
02-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Well, you aren't getting any info from owners, so I thought I would chime in on what I've learned. I've got a few on order, and so did research before hand on reefcentral on how to properly care for them. Most everyone there said they need low light, and low flow. A few people were having issues with them bleaching out, and then people suggested putting it in lower light, and that seemed to help them recover. They will also benefit from food, such as Marine Snow, Coral Frenzy, or Cyclo-Peez. Hope this helps, and in a short time, I'll be trying this as well.
What does your chalice look like?

Completely neon glowing green with wat I think is an orange under tone.

Mr.nintendo
02-18-2010, 06:50 PM
I have a few different chalices, for the most part yes you want lower light and flow. I feed my every so often, most of the time just with Mysis. I cover the chalice with a pop bottle top to stop any food theft, you'd be suprised how big of a piece of mysis can fit in one of those tiny mouths.