PDA

View Full Version : It is with great regreat and sadness

StirCrazy
02-18-2010, 01:39 AM
that I have decided not to continue with my plans for setting up a new tank.

at present there are to many other things going on which consume pretty much all my time. I have been working on a system for the last year, and I was probably about 1/2 way to 2/3rds done but since I have moved everything has remained packed in boxes.

Also the fact that I am semi retired and need to find a job in the next while limits what I can spend money on so prioritys have been re aranged.

I still have to decide if this is going to be a definate end or just a very extended delay, if I decide I am done.. then I will have a bunch of stuff for sale in the future.

I will still continue to read Canreef and offer help where I can. 9+ years on here is a lot to give up :wink:

Steve

Delphinus
02-18-2010, 01:58 AM
Why just not put it on a hiatus until things settle down a bit and then decide? My $0.02 .. if you just moved, you're not in a good spot to make a final go/no-go decision on things. If it was me, I'd probably find myself missing it a few months down the road.

Leah
02-18-2010, 01:59 AM
So sorry to hear this! :sad: You can always come visit mine if you are in Penticton and feel the need. :biggrin:

es355lucille
02-18-2010, 02:09 AM
+1 - Tony is has a good point.

Why just not put it on a hiatus until things settle down a bit and then decide? My $0.02 .. if you just moved, you're not in a good spot to make a final go/no-go decision on things. If it was me, I'd probably find myself missing it a few months down the road.

StirCrazy
02-18-2010, 04:06 AM

it has been on hiatus for almost a year, when I tore it down in antisapation of my retiring. I moved up here in aug, so it has been a bit now.

when I tore the old tank down it was in prep of doing a custom tank about twice the size, then I decided I might retire so that got put on hold and I started working on a smaller tank. this is now on hold pending cancelation.

hmm I guess I can't say I won't set one up again just not in the forseeable future. I need to finish renos in the house, then move to my shop and insulate/drywall/install heat. then find a job.. not nessasarly in that order, so if anyone knows of a deicent paying job in kamloops that I can have fridays off let me know :mrgreen: (play hockey at noon on fridays)

Steve

Delphinus
02-18-2010, 04:09 AM
I hear you, but if it's any consolation, I have you beat. I bought my 280g in 2005, that's one hell of a slow build. The way I look at it: "so what" or "so be it." It will happen in its own time. Your tank will as well. :)