PDA

View Full Version : Radiata lionfish

fishoholic
02-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Just wondering if anyone on here has or had a radiata lionfish. I'm curious about their personalities and people think of them.

sphelps
02-17-2010, 07:43 PM
I'd probably go with the Antennata lionfish over the Radiata because they are better suited for the aquarium and very similar, I'll admit not quite as nice but pretty close. They don't get as big, have a larger population in the wild, ship better, train easier, and are cheaper and easier to come by.

fishoholic
02-18-2010, 12:25 AM
I'd probably go with the Antennata lionfish over the Radiata because they are better suited for the aquarium and very similar, I'll admit not quite as nice but pretty close. They don't get as big, have a larger population in the wild, ship better, train easier, and are cheaper and easier to come by.

Good to know, however my LFS has one (Radiata lionfish) at their store for about a week, the price is good and it's been eating PE mysis for the past few days.

sphelps
02-18-2010, 12:43 AM
Sounds pretty sweet, just keep in mind they do get pretty big, not exactly a dwarf since it gets close to 10". Other than that can't see any problems arising. It's also a rare fish to get so I would have a hard time passing that up as well.

fishoholic
02-18-2010, 04:18 AM
He'd be going into my 230g fowlr tank so for size wise he should be ok, and he's smallish right now about 4 inches big.