PDA

View Full Version : perfect kill for aptaisia

golden69_ca
10-03-2003, 03:14 AM
i have been reading a lot and it looks like every one tries kalkwasser well ive put a new twist on things as of a week ago i had 25 of the buggers and now im down to 3 very small ones i have not hit yet . all i did was pick up insuline seringes from a drugstore and liquid ph up from a hydoponic store and after injecting them at night there gon by the next afternoon . some of the larger ones i had to hit twice but perfect sucsess.

Jack
10-03-2003, 03:49 AM
Did it affect the tank at all?

Son Of Skyline
10-03-2003, 03:56 AM
That sounds interesting...I might have to give it a shot!

I can't imagine pH increaser having anymore effect on the water than a kalk paste.

Thanks for the tip...

Buccaneer
10-03-2003, 04:26 AM
We were all over at Deb's ( EmilyB ) place and witnessed the ultimate aptaisia killer in action ... HOT WATER ... she had a tube supported by clothes hanger wire for strength attached to a bottle containing hot water ... squeeze the bottle and hot water literally disintegrated the aptaisia into nothing :eek: ... get her to send a pic of the aptaisia killer :evil:

Cheers

EmilyB
10-03-2003, 06:07 AM
Yes, it still seems to be the method of choice here. :biggrin: Has to be boiling RO/DI so the Ph hits them, as well as the temp.

Vinegar does nothing. Kalk screws up your tank parameters. My trigger loves to propagate aiptasia I think, so I have lots of practice. :rolleyes: It's a more hands on method, I think requiring some routine maintenance.

But it is definitely under control now.

golden69_ca
10-03-2003, 06:11 AM
did nothing to my tank perameters . the only thing is if you inject to much and it spills out into the water the ph up turns into little white cloud balls that will be absorbed into the water ....

i had no luck with the hotwater trik thats why i tryed this