PDA

View Full Version : Test kits

Chase31
02-14-2010, 05:17 AM
Okay so i just got a $100 gift certificate for aquarium illusions and im getting a test kit.
Looking for something with everything hopefully but maybe ill just get an ammonia and nitrate nitrite and ph
What do you suggest?

The Grizz
02-14-2010, 05:25 AM
Mg (Elos), Phos, Ca, ammonia, N2 &N3, High Range Ph (API) are what I use.

Chase31
02-14-2010, 05:28 AM
guess ill have to look tommrow see whats a decent price but still does the three i need right now (nitrate, nitrite, ammonia)

mark
02-14-2010, 05:51 AM
After your tank is cycled, NO2 and ammonia isn't really needed so sits on the shelf. Planning corals, Ca and Alk plus Mg, fish only don't need. NO3 is good to have. Phosphate, from reading seems really hard to measure accurately with the usual aquariums kits. pH, used to watch when setting up a Ca reactor using a test kit but I had a problem reading so got a pH meter but really don't worry about system pH.

Also don't go blow the money on the big Hagen kit like I did when first started.

Chase31
02-14-2010, 06:27 AM
well i think Aquarium illusions will test my ammonia nitrate and nitrite for me will they not? cuz the one in st Albert only does fresh and i dont know if the tests are accurate... so if they do test it i will maybe have fish tommrow :)