PDA

View Full Version : Clown behavior

rocco134
02-12-2010, 12:09 AM
I have noticed that one of maroons is "digging" in the sand. Is this pretty normal? He seems to be doing it near the open brain i introduced yesterday (he also used his tail to "dust" off the sand that subsequently lands on the coral)

I have also noticed him nipping (well i wouldnt call it nipping as i dont think he is actually harming it) at the open brain. he touched his lips to the coral, and the coral reacts but only for that spit second in that particular spot. Any thoughts on this?

Seamazter
02-12-2010, 01:08 AM
kissing his new freind?
Sounds like your clown is just feeling it, seeing what the new object is.
Clowns do clowny things.

hillegom
02-12-2010, 03:24 AM
Some clowns really have "funny" behaviour. I have two perculas, the male dug out all the gravel below one of my LR. Has himself quite a cave. Good thing the rock is solid and won't fail.

ScubaGirl
02-12-2010, 04:40 AM
Our clowns do the same digging. They also like to hang upside down against the glass in the corners. Just floating there with their heads pointing downward doing nothing.

Silly fish.

blacknife
02-12-2010, 12:25 PM
my maroon loves to nip/rip the petals off my alveoporia. I knew someone was doing it but the day i caught them i was ready to kill her heh.

SmallFry
02-12-2010, 04:33 PM
I have noticed that one of maroons is "digging" in the sand. Is this pretty normal? He seems to be doing it near the open brain i introduced yesterday (he also used his tail to "dust" off the sand that subsequently lands on the coral)

My tomato clown digs too, I've heard it's a nesting/making themselves at home thing - he spreads sand everywhere. At least yours cleans up after himself! :lol:

As for the touching/nipping the open brain, maybe he's thinking of hosting in it?

rocco134
02-12-2010, 08:40 PM
As for the touching/nipping the open brain, maybe he's thinking of hosting in it?

this would be cool