PDA

View Full Version : T5's

EmilyB
10-01-2003, 01:51 AM
I wondered if anyone is using these ? :smile:

andestang
10-01-2003, 02:26 AM
I think I saw some on Jonathans tank when we were there - or maybe to much punch :rolleyes: :lol:
ande

EmilyB
10-01-2003, 03:03 AM
How did you see thru all the MH..... :eek:
:lol:

Skimmerking
10-01-2003, 03:38 AM
Hi there DEB ask jayson he's using them at his store they are wicked, Looks realy cool

Quinn
10-01-2003, 03:41 AM
Tony has some that he's not using - but if he sells them I have first dibs! :razz:

andestang
10-01-2003, 03:49 AM
Deb, something like this :cool: :rolleyes:
ande

AJ_77
10-01-2003, 03:54 AM
Or, this:

:crazyeye:

:shocked!:

:eek:

But yeah, if you're smart: :cool: - then maybe you could see some running along the front of his canopy.

Canadian Man
10-01-2003, 04:28 AM
Yup I am using a 2 ft and 4 ft actinic t5 in a row together in my canopy.

Awsome light's.

EmilyB
10-01-2003, 05:18 AM
Where did you get them Jon?
:biggrin:

And so you could wedgie a two and a four on there....man I should have been looking at the lighting, and not the fishes.... :rolleyes: :razz:

Canadian Man
10-01-2003, 05:24 AM
Well I got them from Envirolite.com. They are here in the city but I think they only sell wholesale, so to retail stores looking to sell their products.

I'm not sure though. I just used my company name. The have daylight bulbs and actinic which are listed as 20,000k but thats what they call actinic.

They were pretty cheep and they come in 2 ft and 4ft (maybe more sizes now) and they have connector's to link them together. So in my hood I plugged a 2ft into a 4 ft and installed it into the hood. They are Electronicly ballisted and have mounting hardware and everything.

I was thinking about getting some and sellling them when I picked mine up but if others could buy them from them than that would be easy.

cheers.

Let me know what happens if you talk to them.

Delphinus
10-01-2003, 02:51 PM
I think it's actually www.envirolite.ca... :biggrin:

Veng68
10-01-2003, 07:23 PM
Are your t-5's HO versions? Also do they sell ballests and other endcaps?

Cheers,
Victor Veng68

Veng68
10-02-2003, 12:04 AM
www.envirolite.ca

Linkified.

Cheers,
Victor Veng68[/u]

Canadian Man
10-02-2003, 03:54 AM
No, just standard(low wattage) output's.

No other endcaps that I know of that are availiable. Just plug and play.
Simple.

EmilyB
10-02-2003, 07:13 AM
Those don't look like what I am thinking of?

http://www.reefgeek.com/products/categories/lighting/104194.html :confused:

Veng68
10-02-2003, 07:31 AM
If you get them to ship.......... use United States Postal Service with insurance. That way you don't get dinged by the courier companies with a $35 "proceessing fee". USPS only charges $5 :biggrin:

Cheers,
Aquaman

Samw
10-02-2003, 07:37 AM
If you get them to ship.......... use United States Postal Service with insurance. That way you don't get dinged by the courier companies with a $35 "proceessing fee". USPS only charges $5 :biggrin:

Cheers,
Aquaman

Agreed about using Postal Service to save on brokerage fees. But everyone says that shipping companies and post offices don't insure bulbs so paying for insurance might be a waste of money. Has anyone checked to see if your VISA insurance benefits covers glass breakage? If they do, then purchase with your VISA and make a claim if the bulb breaks during shipment. Of course, this doesn't help if you are buying from an individual or company that doesn't accept credit cards.

Each bank and each type of VISA (ie. Classic, Classic II, Gold, etc) has different insurance certificates. Check yours. Mine doesn't say anything about glass under Exclusions so I assume they would cover bulbs.

Ex.

http://www.royalbank.ca/cards/documentation/insurance/classic2/purch_sec.html

Royal Bank Visa Classic and Visa Classic II Purchase Security And Extended Warranty Insurance Certificate

PURCHASE SECURITY

Personal Property purchased using your Visa Classic/Visa Classic II card, or acquired with your bonus points, is insured against all risks of direct accidental physical loss or damage for 90 days from the date of purchase. The insurance applies to Personal Property of the Cardholder and Gifts given to Household Members.

The maximum amount of applicable insurance is $50,000 per Visa Classic/Visa Classic II account for life.

EXCLUSIONS

Property Excluded
a) Living plants, animals, fish and birds;
b) Money, travellers cheques, bullion, stamps, tickets and tokens, evidence of title or any other negotiable item;
c) Jewellery, gems, watches and furs or garments trimmed with fur, if contained in baggage, unless such baggage is hand carried at all times by the Cardholder or travelling companion;
d) Automobiles, watercraft, amphibious or air cushion vehicles, aircraft, spacecraft, trailers or outboard motors and other accessories attached to or mounted on such property or any motorized vehicles except motorized lawnmowers and other gardening equipment, snowblowers or motorized wheelchairs for handicapped persons;
e) Property illegally acquired, kept, or stored or property seized or confiscated for breach of any law or by order of any public authority.
f) Any and all business property and equipment intended for commercial use.