PDA

View Full Version : Well,who`s all going?

SuperFudge
09-07-2001, 09:42 AM
To the Reef Geek errr...club meeting?

I know Andrew`s gonna be there images/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Troy...Scott...Dale?

Marc.

Dale D
09-07-2001, 11:14 AM
Sorry Marc, I won't be able to make it, I have to work that day.

I do know 2 other people in Chilliwack, with a beautiful reef tank, that are interested in the meeting. Now that I know when it is I can tell them.

Dale

ruck'n'reefer
09-07-2001, 11:19 AM
I'll be there with bells on! If i'm aloud to wear them!

smokinreefer
09-07-2001, 01:52 PM
i'll be there.

Troy F
09-07-2001, 02:49 PM
I'm in. Dale, take a day off, you deserve it images/smiles/icon_wink.gif . You going Marc?

SuperFudge
09-07-2001, 03:23 PM
Yup,im going...just had to make sure someone i knew was too! I know,im a bit of a chicken sh@t! images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I would bring the following,but i will warn all before hand i have a mutant strain of flatworms....i think they amassed enouph forces to take over the house now!
Dale has had good sucess with a freshwater dip prior to placement,if anyone cares to risk it.

3-4 purple montipora frags?
2-Capnella?(tree corals)
might be able to drum up a couple of acros,
but all frags will be knewly attached(still havent fragged any yet)

Anyone need some hermits Yet?...sheeesh images/smiles/icon_wink.gif
and 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 flatworms, free for the taking! images/smiles/icon_wink.gif
Marc.

smokinreefer
09-07-2001, 03:39 PM
count me in for a purple monti marc! images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

hey you wanna trade flatworms, y'know to add to the tanks diversity! lol

i can frag some yellow porites if anyone is interested.

DJ88
09-07-2001, 05:40 PM
Hey guys,
I'll be there too.. I don't have much for frags in teh hard dept. just a couple of softies.. As previously mentioned. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hmm Montipora huh? hmmmm.. that woudl go well with the scrolling I have.. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif and the frag I bought from Dale that exploded on the trip over into a bunch of smaller pieces.. lol

I am looking forward to this.. guess I gotta get directions tho huh?

Shadetree
09-08-2001, 01:29 AM
Luckily that weekend is one of three all season when my soccer game is on Saturday instead of Sunday, so in short I will be there. I have a couple of green hairy shrooms that have budded and I could bring but that is about it for now. Maybe a frag of Xenia with 6 or so stalks.

Scott

Acro
09-08-2001, 02:11 AM
yeah I'm coming too don't know how many into the sps's but have frags to trade if anyones intrested

chuk
09-08-2001, 12:40 PM
I'm planning on going as well. Was a decision made on whether spouses will be attending? Looking forward to it. thx.

canadawest
09-08-2001, 02:21 PM
Hey everyone,

So far I have had 5 people email me to confirm attendance and get directions. After reading this post, it seems a bunch more are planning to come, but I haven't heard from you yet.

When you email me for directions please let me know if you are able to bring a food item, and if you'll be bringing any livestock/equipment for sale/trade (I'm compiling a list)

Here are food items that haven't been spoken for:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Pop (various kinds)
<LI>Hamburger & Hotdog Buns
<LI>Salads (Pasta/Potato/Green)
[/list]
Hey Chuk, nobody has mentioned if they are bringing a spouse, but my spouse will be here so if yours would like to join you then by all means bring some company for my wife! images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

tropicalfish@telus.net

[ 08 September 2001: Message edited by: canadawest ]

reefburnaby
09-09-2001, 11:21 PM
Hello,

Since my post was deleted in the other forum, I'll repost it again.

I have a couple of softies to offer :

- Red mushrooms (1") - low light loving (don't like bright lights).
- Green furry mushrooms (3") - fast growing variety.
- Green star polp.

I am interested in trade/buy softies or shrooms.

How much ? Well....how does $5 per shroom. $5 for the green star.

Since I don't know if anybody is interested in this stuff, please post a request so that I can bring some along. If you posted previously, please post again.

DJ88...I know I asked you before, but do you still have that colt ? I don't know if you replied to my question...because the original thread is gone.

- Victor.

DJ88
09-09-2001, 11:50 PM
RBby,

Yuppers I have a few frags of the colt. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'll bring a few incase anyone else is interested. Plus a couple of a leather.

SuperFudge
09-10-2001, 10:50 PM
Who`s all bringing thier better halves ?

smokinreefer
09-10-2001, 11:38 PM
heh...i am the better half.

DJ88
09-10-2001, 11:46 PM
This I gotta see.. lol..

images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Troy F
09-11-2001, 12:10 AM
Lisa will come if we find something for the boys to do or get a babysitter. She wants to be there.

titus
09-11-2001, 11:10 AM
Hello,

Unfortunately Titus is still at his infancy when it comes to his better half. An attempt to ask her to goto the Vancouver Aquarium has failed. But maybe sometime down the road I can bring her to one of these meetings also.
Anyway, I'll try to come if I can get the stack of papers on my desk finished.

Titus

SuperFudge
09-12-2001, 10:32 PM
Sorry to hear that Titus images/smiles/icon_sad.gif,

Tell her youll build her a free reactor if she comes images/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Hey Andrew,will you still be posting the list of equipment/livestock for trade/sale before the meeting?
Just wondering how much $$ i need to bring images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

Marc.

christyf5
09-12-2001, 10:40 PM
Hey ReefBurnaby! I'd love to get some of the green star polyps from ya. Bring them to the meeting!!
Anyone going to the meeting interested in a carnation coral (so I can bring it)?? I bought it not knowing what it was. It certainly didn't look like a carnation when I got it, it was a shrivelled pink/orange mass. Since putting it in my tank it seems to be doing better and has doubled and sometimes tripled in size (depends on whether its feeding) but apparently I don't have the right tank conditions to keep it long term. Hopefully someone out there does!

Thanks
Christy images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

[ 12 September 2001: Message edited by: christyf5 ]

reefburnaby
09-12-2001, 11:16 PM
Hello christyf5,

Okay...I'll bring it along.

As for your carnation...how long have you had it and what have you been feeding it ?

- Victor.

[ 12 September 2001: Message edited by: reefburnaby ]

christyf5
09-13-2001, 09:24 AM
I've had it for about 2 weeks. When I got it it was this sad little thing at Big Als and was the perfect size for my 29G tank and a really cool color addition. The day after putting it in my tank it tripled in size as all the arms extended (it kind of took over one whole section of my tank. I guess there was alot of nutrients in my tank. Anyway, it is rather large now and I am feeding it Kent's Phytoplex. The problem is that my tank is too small for it, really, and apparently it is supposed to be hung upside down which I certainly can't accomodate. Evn though two weeks isn't really a good judge on how a coral is going to do in your tank I haven't really read any encouraging information from any of the messageboards.
Hope that helps

reefburnaby
09-13-2001, 05:20 PM
Hello Christy,

Seems that carnation is doing well....approximately how big is it ?

- Victor.

canadawest
09-13-2001, 05:22 PM
I'll compose a list tonight of the livestock that people have informed me about.

Right now turnout looks pretty good, with about 12 people who have confirmed attendance already. (Not including spouses)

So those of you bringing items such as pop or chips (there are a couple people for each thing) you should get 3-4 (bottles/bags) of each.

For the rest of you who haven't commited to a food item, looks like salads or other BBQ/picnic type foods are the only things left. Be creative.

Looking forward to meeting all.

christyf5
09-13-2001, 07:09 PM
Well when I bought it it was probably about 2 inches across and 3 inches tall. Perfect size for my tank. Then it went nuts in my tank and spread to 6 inches across and about 6-7 inches tall. Now (probably since it has eaten all the available nutrients) its about 4 inches tall and 3 inches across. It would probably extend more if I turned off my skimmer (which was off when I put it in my tank). It seems to be doing well so far though. I'm just worried about it. Call it paranoia I guess. I just feel guilty for buying it and then finding out that I don't really have the right conditions for it. I didn't want to be one of those irresponsible impulse buying reefkeepers (and so far so good images/smiles/icon_wink.gif. It would probably extend more if I turned off my skimmer (which was off when I put it in my tank).

reefburnaby
09-13-2001, 10:31 PM
Hello,

I run 99% skimmerless and my tank is mainly softies. Carnations are pretty hard to keep...just as hard as flowerpots.

If you wish to keep it you'll need four things :

1) directly feed it with Phytoplex - a lot of food. So much, that you need to watch for nitrite spike. It uses a lot of food to expand/contract, but it needs extra food to grow.
2) hang it upside down...not really necessary but it grows better.
3) 15cm/s (up to 25cm/s) water flow blowing at it.
4) fairly low light (it contracts if it experiences high light).

If you can satisfy these criteria (plus the usually good water conditions), then it would grow like crazy.

Okay, how much are you trying to sell it for ?

- Victor.

christyf5
09-14-2001, 02:42 PM
Well I got it for $20 so if I could recoup my losses then thats good enough for me. I basically have all of those conditions except for the hanging upside down part but I'm still feeling leery about keeping it in my tank. Its such a beautiful coral I'd hate to watch it slowly go downhill.
I'll bring it to the meeting and you can check it out.