PDA

View Full Version : clam trouble

tinman
02-09-2010, 02:50 AM
hey i need some advice on my tridanca clam his shell is open but he will not expand and seems really drawn into his shell. Although he does open and close on occasion and he is also not attached to anything the gland appears to be drawn up inside the shell he has been in the tank for roughly 3 months and doing fine till last weekend. I have read that some soft coral can irritate the clam or sting the clam I do not have any stinging type coral in the tank. my water quality passes the the test. and the light is real good my other clam seems to be expanding well and is showing not signs of stress any ideas would be welcome?

The Grizz
02-09-2010, 04:03 AM
I had a clam that did the same thing but unfortuately it did not make it, I am no clam expert so I will be watching with interest. Hope you get some help.

mark
02-09-2010, 04:45 AM
sorry but forget the replacement for clamsdirect's forum, but here might help (clam forum (http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98))

Marlin65
02-09-2010, 04:54 AM
What kind of soft corals I have a few that are surrounded by Zoe's and they are fine.

JHC
02-09-2010, 05:02 AM
Check for parasitic snails. Mine did the same. It would open but the mantle would be withdrawn into the shell. I found 15 to 20 parasitic snails on the bottom of it's shell.

Brushed them off and it recovered in 1 week.