PDA

View Full Version : Buying a RO/Di unit - Help

Fragzilla
02-07-2010, 08:10 PM
I am looking into purchasing a RO/DI unit and I am looking for some suggestions on what I should get.

I would like to purchase it in Calgary but also would be willing to order it online.

I have done some reading on this site and have my thoughts what to get.

Whate do you people out sthere suggest to get and where I should get it
from?

I would like the best bang for my buck.

Thanks

Jeff

mseepman
02-07-2010, 09:40 PM
I have the 5 stage "plus" from Bulk Reef Supply. It's an excellent unit. Easy to install, good quality see through cannisters. As a plus it came with some extra's that proved to be helpful over time for me.

I have it set up to make RO water for the house and RODI for the tank.

Jason McK
02-08-2010, 12:02 AM
I just picked up the Vertex Puratek Reverse Osmosis/Deionization (RO/DI) Filter - 100GPD (http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/vt-ro100di/Vertex+Puratek+Reverse+Osmosis+Deionization+%28RO+ DI%29+Filter+-+100GPD.html)

Great unit with auto flush for the RO, Refillable DI and a booster pump and auto shut off.

All the toys @ a really good price

J

OceanicCorals-Ian-
02-08-2010, 01:17 AM
I just picked up the Vertex Puratek Reverse Osmosis/Deionization (RO/DI) Filter - 100GPD (http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/vt-ro100di/Vertex+Puratek+Reverse+Osmosis+Deionization+%28RO+ DI%29+Filter+-+100GPD.html)

Great unit with auto flush for the RO, Refillable DI and a booster pump and auto shut off.

All the toys @ a really good price

J

We also highly suggest the Vertex, it pumps out 100GPD reliably and is very well built. The auto flush is also a very valuable benefit.

trilinearmipmap
02-08-2010, 01:38 AM
I have an AquaFx Barracuda 4-stage 100 gpd RO unit. I'm happy with it, it was easy to set up and has given me no problems.

Before that I had and Aquasafe RO/DI unit which worked great for 5+ years, but it seems the company is no longer in business.

IMO these units are pretty generic, sharing the same design, basically the same fittings, and the membrane and filter inserts are generic too. I would buy based on cost and the features you want eg. an auto flush kit, float valve kit, pressure meter etc.

Fragzilla
02-08-2010, 02:36 AM
IMO these units are pretty generic, sharing the same design, basically the same fittings, and the membrane and filter inserts are generic too. I would buy based on cost and the features you want eg. an auto flush kit, float valve kit, pressure meter etc.

not knowing anything about these units other than they clean you water. What options are worth while and the options that are a waste?

mark
02-08-2010, 03:03 AM
Do find the storage tank handy for quickly filling jug to dissolve Mg or Ca.