PDA

View Full Version : Purgatory for fish

my2rotties
02-07-2010, 03:26 PM
I have a large saddleback clown that has been biting my cowfish's tail constantly. My poor cowfish is the most peaceful soul, and I had enough of the bullying. Poor Norman will almost come out of the tank when he gets bit.

I was up bright and early the other morning to catch the clown and put him in a holding tank in my sumproom. I have him for sale, but if he does not find a home in a day or two, I considered putting him back in the display. He is a really nice clown fish and LOVES his anemones! Too bad we don't have one for him anymore. He has not been better or worse to the cowfish with or without a nem as well. The tail nipping has gone on forever, but it seems to be getting worse and Norman was starting to hide.

If I go ahead and put him back, do you think he will be a bully again? How long do bullies get removed from the display typically before reintroducing them? I notice it take fish about three days to forget new fish were added to the tank... Would it be the same to reintroduce them, or should I wait longer?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-07-2010, 05:27 PM
It's now a chronic condition. The clownfish will probably always do it as long as its in the same tank as his victim.

my2rotties
02-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Yeah that is what I was thinking... I can bet he would not be so easy to catch the second time around... I was up pretty early and got really lucky when I netted him.

Norman my cowfish, is very sweet when you look at fish personalities. He has chunks out of his tail, and it is nice to see him swimming around without a worry now. The clown was not always attacking him constantly, but enough was enough the other day.

It's now a chronic condition. The clownfish will probably always do it as long as its in the same tank as his victim.