PDA

View Full Version : vertex rodi unit question?

burtonpj48
02-07-2010, 04:29 AM
Hello everyone! I am looking to get a rodi unit. I am very interested in purchasing the vertex puratek 100 gpd unit. I was wondering if the filters are standard size and can be purchased anywhere. Or are the filters a special order item. I was looking at a rodi unit hir in calgary and the company said they could custom make me one, Dealing locally would be good as long as the filters are readily available. I was also told, rodi are relatively all the same, ro takes out 90 % and the di is just a little more. I would just like to get input on those of you reefers, who use rodi before i decide which one to buy.

ALBERTA REEF
02-07-2010, 05:01 AM
Red Coral is a good place to get a RODI. Kevin is a good guy to talk too. He wouldn't steering you wrong!

burtonpj48
02-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Red Coral is a good place to get a RODI. Kevin is a good guy to talk too. He wouldn't steering you wrong!

I actually know where kevin got his rodi units, its a company in the n.e., off barlow trail. Thats the company who will custom make me a rodi unit. I explained to them that i will be using it for a saltwater tank and drinking too. Thats when the rep told me they sold a bunch of them to red coral.

BlueTang<3
02-07-2010, 01:22 PM
i got the vertex seems to be any filter would fit very efficient about 1to 1 for waste good water just watch as there is a recall on the seals right now they are leaking at the housings can make quiet the mess but we are happy with ours super quiet an that auto back flush seems handy

Jason McK
02-07-2010, 04:55 PM
I picked up the Vertex unit on Boxing Day. Quite possibly the best RO/DI I have ever owned. I looked around quite a bit and for the money it has more bells and wistles by far.

And Yes any standard filters will work + the DI resin can be bulk purchased

J