PDA

View Full Version : 28 Gallon Complete System for Sale

Pier Pressure
02-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Well this was a long time coming but we are getting out of this hobby. I am not good with names of equipment and stuff like that so feel free to come by and take a look at everything if that is required.

28 Gallon tank and black stand, good shape;
2 protein skimmers (Remora and I think the other is a Coralife);
1 UV Sterilizer (paid like $90 at Weis and only ran it for a couple of months);
110w PC lights on top of the tank (bulbs should probably be replaced);
30 pounds of live rock (full of pods, small feather dusters, blue mushrooms, green zoos and whatever else might pop up out of there);
a two-inch sand bed;
whatever hermit crabs and snails and other crawlies that might be left in there;
a black garbage bag full of plastic plants for a freshwater system; and all
other fish-related odds and ends I can find around my house.

The live rock does have some hair algae but I think a quick freshwater dip/scrub will remove it. How does $300 sound? I need to replace a tie rod end in my winter car and as I am planning on getting out anyway I thought I would just throw this out there. I am around all weekend so let me know. Located centrally in Mayland Heights in Calgary, directly across the Deerfoot from downtown.

Pier Pressure
02-05-2010, 11:58 PM
Tank is complete with heater, pump, magnet algae scrubbers. Do you guys think I am asking too much? I usually try to get half of what I paid - and this is way less than that!

Pier Pressure
02-06-2010, 12:12 AM
Moon lights, test kits (huge Hagen one and a small Instant Ocean one), half a bucket of Reef Crystals salt...

Deemer
02-06-2010, 01:23 AM
Pm'd

Pier Pressure
02-06-2010, 05:51 PM
All pm's returned. I have some people interested if I part out which may eventually happen - but I am going to try to sell it as a complete set up first. I am asking for quite a bit less than half of what I paid for everything.

Pier Pressure
02-07-2010, 06:38 PM
TTT. Wrong dimensions for the person who was interested. May part out - let me know what you may need out of the list!

Pier Pressure
02-09-2010, 03:07 PM
How about $250 for everything? That is what I paid for just the tank, stand and skimmer! I am also willing to part out at this time. Just want this stuff gone!

Abe
02-09-2010, 04:27 PM
how many watts is the UV.

Pier Pressure
02-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Guessing here but I think 80. It is the right size for the tank. I also have an extra new bulb thingy for it.
And for all inquiring - I am not willing to deliver to Edmonton, or Vancouver, or anywhere else. This is pick up only and at this price I am practically giving it away!

Pier Pressure
02-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Now that I have lowered the price to $250 - and I am not going any lower - I am still trying to sell this as a complete set up. However send me a pm if you are interested in parts of it - if I get enough interest that way - and can get rid of everything - I shall part out for sure. TTT.

Pier Pressure
02-10-2010, 05:13 PM
I should also mention that this is not a nano tank. It is a 28 gallon black trimmed bowfront.

Pier Pressure
02-11-2010, 03:38 PM
For all those asking, I will see if I can find a friend with a digital camera and get a picture of the set up on here this weekend.

blueyota
02-11-2010, 04:12 PM
pm'd ya

P_mantis
02-12-2010, 04:39 AM
i can come and take a look on in monday? i would be willing to cough up $250

P_mantis
02-14-2010, 12:47 AM
i can come look at it monday and possibly take it all off your hands

Pier Pressure
02-15-2010, 05:36 PM
P_mantis send me a pm and I shall send you my address and phone number if you wanna come by. I have had about fifteen people who said they wanted to come and take a look but then they don't show up or message back. I am not holding the system for anyone - first come, first take!

earliris
02-18-2010, 06:33 AM
Any pictures?

earliris
02-18-2010, 07:06 AM
Any pictures you can provide?

Pier Pressure
02-18-2010, 04:40 PM
I do not have a digital camera. I have had about twenty people say that they want to stop by and see it, and then not bother to show up, or even call to say they are not showing up. One guy told me he would bring a digital camera and if he did not take it he would get a picture up for me. You guessed it - another no show. Lots and lots of interest but apparently from people who do not want to leave their computers. I bet that the first person who even bothers to look takes it - but of coures that person would actually have to show up as opposed to just messaging and phoning me. Please do not waste my time. I am practically giving it away at this price. Not that I am getting bitter about it or anything! :>)

Pier Pressure
02-18-2010, 04:42 PM
I even had a gentleman telephone me at 11:38 p.m. and leave a message he would call back tomorrow. Never got a call back. This is getting ridiculous!

the marine apprentice
02-18-2010, 04:44 PM
gotta love tire kickers eh

riceboy
02-18-2010, 05:05 PM
LOL i've tried messaging twice now and have gotten no response, so i'm going to look at another system today, if i don't like the tank i'm looking at today, i would like to come see your tank.

thanks
victor

Pier Pressure
02-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Tire kickers - now that is funny. Riceboy I have replied to all messages in my inbox. You asked for pics, I told you I do not have a camera, etc. Here is to hoping somebody shows up tonight and takes this thing out of my life! LOL.

earliris
02-18-2010, 06:18 PM
When can i come have a look? and this is no joke, I'm serious.

kien
02-18-2010, 07:20 PM
I did not notice any tires listed in your posting. What kind of tires are they and how many are there?

Pier Pressure
02-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Tire kicker update: two more supposed to call me at five last night, no phone calls and no shows. However I have a dude coming by at 5:00 tonight and he sounds legit. I will keep you all updated. I have never had so much trouble selling a tank in my life - but to be fair I am at work 7:30 - 5:00 so it is tough to arrange a time to view, and I am sure the lack of pictures is throwing people off!

Pier Pressure
02-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Kien - I do have some 19 inch hydrogen filled racing slicks - but they are on my Hemi Charger and you cannot have them. :)

Pier Pressure
02-20-2010, 02:12 AM
And SOLD - deposit accepted and pick up occurring on Sunday!

Pier Pressure
02-21-2010, 06:28 PM
This is now completely done. Bought, paid for, picked up and out of my life. The hair algae was on its way out anyway and just falling off the rocks so the buyer was pretty happy. No more tanks for me - woo hoo!