PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheKid
02-05-2010, 02:31 PM
So lastnight I did a water change and when I woke up I noticed everyone in my tank was acting strange then remembered that i forgot to dechlorinate the water so I added enough dechlorinater for the entire tank.

Is that enough or what else should I do???

Dez
02-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Hello, just wondering what percentage of a water change you did? I used to do water changes without dechlorinator at all with no ill effects (I am by no means recommending this). What is looking wierd in you tank? This information would help find out the root of the problem.

banditpowdercoat
02-05-2010, 03:07 PM
WAY to much dechlorinator IMO
I would have just left it. After 24hrs or sooner, the chlorine dissipates naturally. Might have done more harm putting that much Declorinator in?

TheKid
02-05-2010, 03:16 PM
So do I need to do another water change?

I did a 25% change

and by acting weird I mean corals and my worm weren't fully open and the fish were in spots where they don't normally go.

banditpowdercoat
02-05-2010, 03:23 PM
I would leave it and monitor fro a day. It's not uncommon for corals to act weird. things/fish will return to normal

Funky_Fish14
02-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Adding that much dechlorinator wont harm anything.

By this time, like mentioned, just leave it. The circulation/airation in your tank will have helped dissipate most of the chlorine by now. Your critters should be back to normal soon enough.

Cheers,

Chris

e46er
02-06-2010, 12:24 AM
vancouver has such minute traces of chlorine to start with i think you will be fine

RuGlu6
02-06-2010, 01:40 AM
Direct your pumps to the surface to help gas exchange and to stabilize the PH.
Look for dead things behind the rocks if there is something unaccounted for it could be polluting you tank by releasing H2S.
Look if something has been dropped in to the sump or display tank, penny would be worse case scenario, any metal should be removed, you have any kids playing around?
Is your skimmer still running? If not may be there is not enough oxygen. keep skimmer clean and make sure its keeping up ORP levels.