PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get back into a SW tank

DiscusZ
02-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Well after a 2 year abscence (separation, moviing etc) i have not had a SW tank and I am completely lost.

I happened to be at Big Al's a few times in the last few months and noticed this nice 300g tank setup there (tank, light setup and stand) are going for about $5300 or so (good price?)

I am looking to get into a 300g tank. what are my best options here?

That setup at BA is nice, but when all said and done when adding a sump and protein skimmer i am sitting at about $6k

Is it cheaper to get a tank this size made? what would it cost? then go with a homemade stand?

basically i am starting from schatch, i would need new lights or i could utilize my 400w mogle setup and my 2 vho setup in the interm to offset costs,

Basically i am looking for opionions, my options etc. I have been out of the scene for about 2 years, heck i havent logged into Canreef in over a year (glad my account was still here)

Jim

kien
02-03-2010, 08:02 PM
There is a great 110g tank for sale in Calgary in the for sale thread. It isn't 300g but it is a start and it is a very good deal for what you get, which is pretty much everything including well established livestock. Starting from scratch with a 300g is going to be a huge undertaking, both in time and money. That's my opinion :-)

the marine apprentice
02-03-2010, 08:28 PM
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60447

this here is another nice setup for a good price