PDA

View Full Version : 150ish gallon system f/s

fishytime
02-03-2010, 05:10 AM
110g mixed reef(72x20x18), 25g(24x20x12(peninsula style, herbie overflow)) plumbed in(OR 2500 return), 55g sump, est. 150g total system, dual corner herbies, quietone 6000 return, Bubble King Mini 180 skimmer, AC Jr, 2x tek 6x39w HOT5s, 2 Tunze 6055s, Multicontroller, GHL SA2 dosing pump, 1 K4 and 1 K2, Tunze ATO,2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). 2 ebo jeager 100w heaters, probably close to 200lbs LR.

fish: regal tang, yellow tang, net caught blond naso tang, pair of ocellaris, mated pair of mandarin dragonets, 6 bartletts anthias, pyramid butterfly, neon dottyback, lineatus wrasse, mystery wrasse, flame angel, royal gramma, candy stripe goby, blue assessor, talbot's damsel.

Coral: 18 full size sps colonies, several more sps frags/mini colonies, 8 different kind of acans, 2 blastos, over 30 different zoa frag/colonies a few different kinds of mushrooms

Inverts: 12 clams, cocoworms, pom pom crab, blue tuxedo urchin, orange linkia star, several assorted hermit/ snails, pearl oyster, 7 green BTAs, 5 seafans/gorgs

will come with whatever supplies I have left at the time of sale....I presently dose 12 KZ(Pohl's) products, water mixing containers fragging supplies including a dremel....

Selling as a complete system only.....will not part out.....$4000

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMG_0398.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMG_0033-2.jpg

es355lucille
02-03-2010, 05:15 AM
WTF? I hope you are selling someone elses stuff here buddy!!! What's going on? You are not getting out!!!

110g mixed reef, 25g plumbed in(OR 2500 return), 55g sump, est. 150g total system, dual corner herbies, quietone 6000 return, Bubble King Mini 180 skimmer, AC Jr, 2x tek 6x39w HOT5s, 2 Tunze 6055s, Multicontroller, GHL SA2 dosing pump, 1 K4 and 1 K2, Tunze ATO,2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). 2 ebo jeager 100w heaters, probably close to 200lbs LR.

fish: regal tang, yellow tang, net caught blond naso tang, pair of ocellaris, mated pair of mandarin dragonets, 6 bartletts anthias, pyramid butterfly, neon dottyback, lineatus wrasse, mystery wrasse, flame angel, royal gramma, candy stripe goby, blue assessor, talbot's damsel.

Coral: 18 full size sps colonies, several more sps frags/mini colonies, 8 different kind of acans, 2 blastos, over 30 different zoa frag/colonies a few different kinds of mushrooms

Inverts: 12 clams, cocoworms, pom pom crab, blue tuxedo urchin, orange linkia star, several assorted hermit/ snails, pearl oyster, 7 green BTAs, 5 seafans/gorgs

will come with whatever supplies I have left at the time of sale....I presently dose 12 KZ(Pohl's) products, water mixing containers fragging supplies including a dremel....

Selling as a complete system only.....will not part out.....$4000

milkton
02-03-2010, 05:46 AM
so is your aquarium 150 gallons or 110g? cause in the info u stated 110g but in the title u said 150g-ish.. :question: just wondering

fishytime
02-03-2010, 05:48 AM
150g system.....two display tanks plus sump:wink:

milkton
02-03-2010, 05:54 AM
ohhh i see, beautiful tank btw!! :razz:

Fragzilla
02-03-2010, 06:06 AM
WOW - cant believe your selling this. I am thankful I got a chance to see it when I did then.

Good Luck

Delphinus
02-03-2010, 07:20 AM
Wha wha what??? :cry:

Carmen
02-03-2010, 01:27 PM
YOU ARE NOT SELLING YOUR TANK DOUG! You can't!

Devonious
02-03-2010, 02:27 PM
FML i would have taken this if i did not just buy a ******* TANK !!!!!

kien
02-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Oh my! I need to come see this tank before it is gone! :sad:

Ephraim
02-03-2010, 04:40 PM
i call for a boycott of this thread. Doug cannot sell his tank, if we band together and pledge to not buy anything, even if he decides to part it out, he cannot sell it! Your not breaking this tank down man.

my2rotties
02-03-2010, 04:48 PM
All I can say is WOW!!! I agree that Doug should not sell his tank, unless he is getting a BIGGER tank. Too much blood sweat and tears into this thing.

I hope all is well with you Doug.

Starry
02-03-2010, 05:45 PM
I've seen this tank personaly and its amazing. Hate to see you give it up Doug, hope your upgrading!!!

ALBERTA REEF
02-03-2010, 06:17 PM
This must be a joke! Apirl fools is two months away!

kien
02-03-2010, 08:06 PM
I would hate to see Doug give up this tank too, but if we really cared for Doug and his tank shouldn't we be doing everything we can to help him sell his tank ? He must have his reason(s) for wanting to sell it and we shouldn't judge.

lastlight
02-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Good luck with the sale Doug. I hope all is well otherwise. This is one of canreef's flagship tanks and we all appreciate what you have invested beyond dollars and cents.

Carmen
02-03-2010, 09:47 PM
I am very sad to hear this Doug and I hope you've considered ALL options before you do this...:sad:.

JDigital
02-03-2010, 10:32 PM
I am very sad to hear this Doug and I hope you've considered ALL options before you do this...:sad:.

+1... Please give some serious thought to our offer tonight.

blueyota
02-04-2010, 01:07 AM
Wow this sucks man i hate to hear this im sure you have your reasons but still sad ..hope things are good otherwise !!!!

globaldesigns
02-04-2010, 01:37 AM
ok doug!!!! Explain yourself????

Douglas
02-04-2010, 01:47 AM
What's up Doug? Sorry to hear your thinking of getting out Doug. Hope everything works out for you. Message me if you ever need any help. Your Friend, Doug

Leah
02-04-2010, 03:05 AM
Doug

I would really like to talk to you before you decide anything. :phone:

Leah

es355lucille
02-04-2010, 03:47 AM
+1 - Doug you have always been there to help for a lot of us, and have helped many on this board and at the store. You can tell by everyones comments that they care very much for you. Take some time and think this through......give yourself some time. Then if its the right thing to do....then you will know.

Take Care, Brad & Sharon.

Carmen
02-04-2010, 03:51 AM
Doug is not upgrading.

MikeP
02-04-2010, 03:52 AM
ok doug!!!! Explain yourself????

Yeah, what he said :confused:

lobsterboy
02-04-2010, 05:38 AM
whats up Doug? come on off it. I was thinking the same thing, but I tottaly would have regreted it.

fishytime
02-04-2010, 01:08 PM
OK guys heres the short version........The g/f and I have split up (been a long time coming)....Now under normal circumstances I would be able to make some changes to some spending habits and probably be able to stay where Im at, but Im in construction and my work will run out in a couple weeks(and no work in the near future)...... I cant move out because Im locked into a lease until the end of April....the whole situation has forced me into making some pretty tough decisions.....

I thought selling the tank was gonna be my only option....... I was wrong.......you guys are amazing.......the outpouring of support and well wishes and offers for help, here in this thread, in PMs and by phone calls have left me both stunned and moved.....I wholeheartedly thank everyone who has posted here, pmed and called

You guys have given me lots to think about.....Im not sure if the offers for help will pan out or not so I still may have to continue with the sale....I wanna apologize to the peeps that have showed interest in buying the tank....."sorry for the dangle".....Bluetang3, you will be the first to know if I decide to go ahead with the sale.....

Coleus
02-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Sorry to hear that your gf and you split up but It is SO good to hear that you are going to keep the tank.

Good luck with whatever you are facing. $4000 for this setup is a bargain. I hope things will turn out better for you soon.

Anyone needs help with construction works should give Doug a call.

my2rotties
02-04-2010, 09:40 PM
We are in construction too (tile), and have suffered greatly due to the economy. I considered shutting my tank down too, not long ago.

However, things are turning around slowly and the work is starting to come. It is sparse still, but some work is better then none a tall. December/January were horrible but this month is better and next month is almost bearable for future work. Since we are in the finishing stages of new home construction, we are waiting for houses to get to where we can get in. Right now I see scores of homes in framing right now, which is promising.

It's just a matter of hanging by a quickly fraying thread, waiting for everyoe to be ready for us now...

freezetyle
02-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Glad your hanging in there Doug. You know your a gem in the community when after only 2 days your post has been viewed over 1500 times. Do what is best for you, and if you need help im sure there are plenty of people will to jump in there for you.

Carmen
02-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Glad your hanging in there Doug. You know your a gem in the community when after only 2 days your post has been viewed over 1500 times. Do what is best for you, and if you need help im sure there are plenty of people will to jump in there for you.

Nicely stated!:neutral:

Carmen
02-04-2010, 10:56 PM
oops double post

simplycoral
02-04-2010, 10:58 PM
PM'D Regarding Work.

Simon.

blueyota
02-04-2010, 11:17 PM
im in the same work boat ..... have you heard of the ghost lake cottage club was talking to a guy today at work and says theres lots of work for all trades there ...im in construction to siding and timber work and i might be working there in the future ...it sucks its outa town but still close enough to drive back and forth ...... http://www.cottageclub.ca/builders.php heres a link showing some builders you might wana try contacting one of them ....or i might beable to get a # for you to call about some work there .....

my2rotties
02-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the link, will look into it for sure. I think the worst thing about lack of work is getting behind on all the bills, and playing catch up. There is never enough money to go around. We have always done the multi million dollar homes, and when the economy went down, the rich stopped spending:sad:

im in the same work boat ..... have you heard of the ghost lake cottage club was talking to a guy today at work and says theres lots of work for all trades there ...im in construction to siding and timber work and i might be working there in the future ...it sucks its outa town but still close enough to drive back and forth ...... http://www.cottageclub.ca/builders.php heres a link showing some builders you might wana try contacting one of them ....or i might beable to get a # for you to call about some work there .....

Ryan
02-05-2010, 01:11 AM
Hey Doug lots of work happening down here in the Lethbridge area. I know of 3 or 4 major condo going up and are anywhere from beginning to finishing stages. Also a big Seniors home being put up here in Taber. All the more reason for you to start the RC here in Lethbridge.

Either way I wish you the best and hope you come back if you do have to sell. Maybe get out those cutters and some of us can help you out by taking frags off your hands.

Chase31
02-05-2010, 01:29 AM
well my tank is almost up and running and i would be glad to store something for you :)

ElGuappo
02-05-2010, 04:10 AM
havent been on in a couple of days and i see this??? WTF

Hope everything is ok.

The Grizz
02-05-2010, 05:33 PM
I hear and feel your pain Doug. I own my own welding company and it is so slow right now that I am stressed to the point that I have been sick. And have to thought about selling ALL my tanks but just can't bring myself to do it. For me it would be nice to have a bunch of tank stands to do just to keep my mind off everything until things come back to life. If there is anything that you think I could do to help you out don't hessitate to get ahold of me. I know that we have only meet once but I am a great judge of character and you are top notch in my books. Good Luck Doug, thing are bound to get better for ALL of us. ( i hope )

Chase31
02-05-2010, 06:04 PM
I hear and feel your pain Doug. I own my own welding company and it is so slow right now that I am stressed to the point that I have been sick. And have to thought about selling ALL my tanks but just can't bring myself to do it. For me it would be nice to have a bunch of tank stands to do just to keep my mind off everything until things come back to life. If there is anything that you think I could do to help you out don't hessitate to get ahold of me. I know that we have only meet once but I am a great judge of character and you are top notch in my books. Good Luck Doug, thing are bound to get better for ALL of us. ( i hope )

ill take a free tank stand if your making one :p
just kidding
hope everything works out for you doug

Coleus
02-05-2010, 07:01 PM

Yes, this hobby will sure make my retirement plan just a little bit longer :-). If things don't go well, I will convert to FOWLR tank to save money and works.

globaldesigns
02-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Sorry to hear about you and the gf... However if it wasn't meant to be, move on. Your happiness must come first and foremost.

This recession has hit everyone, as a business owner myself, I can state that I have seen the ups and downs. And my guess is that we are in this for another couple years. Don't listen to politicians saying we are out of it, yeah right!!!! Tell that to my phone that isn't ringing as much as it use to.

Anyways glad to see that you are going to hold onto things if you can. And remember we talked about you building a nice framework for my metal stand. I am still interested, let me know when you have the time to discuss.

And to all a good day!

The Grizz
02-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Chase31 nice try - I know you where kidding but sorry no freebee's my wife would kick my a** and so would the accountant, lol . It would be nice to have some where to show my stand design's but then I would have to know what people are looking for and build at my own cost then hope they sell.

But with that said :focus: hold steady and strong Doug I would hate to have you regret selling if you don't have to, something is bound to change. As the Goverment stated the recession is over, load of crap, why is there so many people have so much trouble getting back on there feet if it is over. Sorry but I had to vent.

christyf5
02-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Holey crap I can't believe I missed this, I just heard mention of it in JDigitals thread!! Glad you're keeping your tank Doug, I hope things turn around for you.