PDA

View Full Version : Giesemann 13k bulbs

Jim Barry
02-01-2010, 01:19 AM
I have had my reef tank for over 6 years and have tried several metal Halide bulbs with mixed reviews.

I bought Giesemann 250w SE 13k bulbs for the first time and I think they are outstanding !!

I found previous bulbs to be good in one spectrum, ie blue, but weak on other colors like pink or green. I find these bulbs to have a great balance in all colors and really make my colors pop....

I highly recommend these bulbs

Jim

Myka
02-01-2010, 01:29 AM
These are one of my favourite bulbs both for DE and SE. At $110 each though....ouch! You're right about the spectrums though, so many bulbs concentrate on one color (often the case with blue bulbs), and lack so much in the other colors that they don't make the corals POP like a good bulb will. The Phoenix 14K I think is relatively comparable to the Giesemann 13K though, so it's a good bulb for those of us on budgets. :D

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-01-2010, 01:55 AM
I prefer the 14500k Coral bulb myself. Just saw it on Denis' tank & very nice colour.

viperfish
02-01-2010, 02:35 AM
I'musing them on my 180. I wasn't impressed with them on thier own but with actinics the colour is amazing. A very natural looking colour.