PDA

View Full Version : Bill's 110g new pics again and a slide show scorole down.

bvlester
01-31-2010, 11:37 PM
well it has started and I found out the guy did not give me all the pluming so I have had to shcrounge arund and borrow some for to night and I don't think it is enough I also ha to put some csilicone on the bulkhead for the down pipe so that has to cure now so untill tomorrow fish have been housed to a couple of tanks and LR I had pluss about 200 lbs that I got from this guy is in my 90g for the night. There will be some rock left over after this build I have a couple of huge pieces one has a flat tabe top to it. I will take some pictures, the guy sld the ank I wanted but I got one that was only 5g smaller and I dont have to change the stand any. I shoud be abe to use my existing lights also insted of going to MH. The tank looks great where it is and will provide alot more room looking to get a tang.

fish here http://s749.photobucket.com/albums/xx134/bvlester/new%20fish%20in%20110g/
110g tank http://s749.photobucket.com/albums/xx134/bvlester/110%20gal%20tank/

Bill

Leah
02-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Woo Hoo!!! Bill can't wait to follow this.:mrgreen: What tang are you thinking of getting?

bvlester
02-02-2010, 11:06 PM
The day started but removing any and all corals that are delicate into my QT Then I moved all shrimp in to QT. All of my rock went into a rubbermaid all of the rock bought went into my 90g spare tank I put the rock and carpet Nem and clown fish in to a small rubber maid. I then put the fish in to our kids tank, I then empted all of the water from my 55g in to the 90g mixed up ater and added to 90g. ceaned old sand from my tank and half of wht I got with tank. I then added 2 bags of live sand that is very fine to the front area of the tank.there is about 250 pounds of LR oicked up a open brain. I seem to be missing 1 cleaner shrimp don't know wher it went but I have not seen it since it went in to the new tan. Everything i coloring up very nicly after there stay in the temporary housing. I did get a couple pics will post latter.

Bill

bvlester
02-08-2010, 02:46 AM
added photo bucket link for this tank and a couple fish pic's to top post.

That barred goby is wicked fast. The niger triger is cool changes color but stays a teal color most of the time which I believe means it's happy, when it chases the bared goby it turns black. I like the ebie angle for this tank as it is always swimming in and out of the rock work from one side to the other.
Bill

Delphinus
02-08-2010, 06:06 AM
Really pretty trigger. How big is he??

bvlester
02-08-2010, 06:35 AM
he is about 3.5 -4 inch about half grown right now they are a great addition to a reef. He is constantly on the move as is the angle, he maybe more entertaining that alot of tangs out there.

Bill

Delphinus
02-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Oh he's tiny. I thought he was maybe bigger after looking at one of your photos where he looked huge. Guess it was justa really good closeup. :lol:

I really like the Nigers .. love their blue colour. I always heard they are sorta hit and miss in a reef? But not sure why or what it is that they reputedly do to earn that "rating." Was thinking if I setup a FOWLR I'd try one. I have a baby (3") crosshatch in my main reef right now and so I'm sure it could not support a second trigger.. I'm not sure my next tank is large enough to support 2 triggers either..

bvlester
02-08-2010, 07:15 PM
You should pnly keep one trigger in a tank with the exseption of the Nigers they can be introduced at the same time and may even mate the get between 6and 8 inches in a tank I have seen them 10 inches. The pick was a nice close up, any triger is hit or miss as they have these big teeth that are made for grinding hard corals down. THey make thier own sand, softies are generaly ok with them onlike angles they seem to nibble on softies more than sps.

Bill

bvlester
02-14-2010, 06:59 AM
Naso Tang. Nice fish pics are ok he is still in QT.

http://s749.photobucket.com/albums/xx134/bvlester/new%20fish%20in%20110g/

Bill

bvlester
02-26-2010, 07:52 AM
goto this link to view new pics.

http://s749.photobucket.com/albums/xx134/bvlester/110%20gal%20tank/

Bill

Leah
02-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Great video Bill

bvlester
02-27-2010, 01:59 AM
it's a slide show I was asked to goto my daughters school and give a presentation for one of the classes and they will be giving instructions on how to view it from home in the next bulletin that goes home with the kids so everyone can see it if they want.

Bill