PDA

View Full Version : Broken bulb/pieces in the tank

robert
01-30-2010, 08:09 PM
When I was removing DE HQI bulbs from my light fixture today I broke one ends and crumbs of material that ends are made out of ended in the tank. I hope that ends are made out of ceramic and no harm will be caused to the tank. Bulb is intact no glass has been broken.

I'm so upset with myself, I should be more gentle with these things.

Any thoughts please?

Chase31
01-30-2010, 08:11 PM
take them out as best you can, thats all i can say

Delphinus
01-30-2010, 08:43 PM
I have the hardest time getting them into my pendent of all things, I end up pushing so hard I'm surprised I haven't broken some myself.

I'm pretty sure the ends are ceramic so should be inert.

robert
01-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Any more thoughts?
Thanks.

Funky_Fish14
01-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Ceramic ends should definetly be inert! If you are really worried, how about just syphon out the area of sand or whatever that the stuff fell on? That should get most of it out! I wouldnt worry too much. Even if the little 'crumbs' entirely dissolved, I bet you'd get most of the 'released stuff' out with a waterchange or two. Think of how many crumbs it might take like those to fill your tank... millions... now think of the ppm effect on your tank. I'd bet almost nil. I wouldnt be too worried, but if you still are, again just syphon the little area of sand or whatever right out and you'll be fine!

Cheers,

Chris

Marlin65
01-31-2010, 03:59 AM
Should be fine they are ceramic nothing to worry about.:wink:

robert
01-31-2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks guys for support.