PDA

View Full Version : Powder Blue with cloudy eye

ickmagnet
01-30-2010, 02:47 AM
I've had my powder blue in my tank for about a month now. He continues to do well and eats non-stop. Having said that, it's been a few days now and I noticed that he has some scratch marks on his body. There also appears to be a slight white film developing over one of his eyes. I don't see any ich on him whatsoever. What is this? Will this pass or is it time to take him out and medicate with copper? That will be super hard catching him but I'd rather do that than have it get worse.

OceanicCorals-Ian-
01-30-2010, 04:45 AM
Hi,

Check him for flukes. It's probably attacking his body and he is trying to scratch it off.

The flukes also attack the eyes, once they multiply and get into the gills the tang will stop eating.

Get yourself some Praziquintal or Prazipro and give him a good dip.

Look for a small white clear amoeba looking parasite hanging onto his eye, most likely that's what the milky substance is on his eye.

Hope this helps. Good news is that if you catch it early enough before the hunger strike you can cure it.

Cheers,

Paul

ickmagnet
01-30-2010, 05:02 AM
Thanks for that but can you explain what i have to do step by step? Sorry, never had this problem before.

BlueWorldAquatic
01-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Definitly something on his body he's trying to scratch off.

Cloudy eye can also be attributed to a physical injury too, he may have scratched his eye. In this case most likely heal himself in time. That would be my guess as it is only on one side.

Ken